Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2016-Oct-24 10:38 am

aelliott

Is color coded traffic altitude indication possible?

Are there consensus standards on ADS-B traffic display, or do you have some leeway?  On my center console-mounted N7v2, the outlined text makes the numbers nicely visibly, but it is sometimes difficult to make out the +/- indicator on the traffic altitude display. It would be much easier if the sign was color-coded!  The "obvious" choices are green if the traffic is above you, e.g. +03 and red for traffic below you, e.g. 04.  Anyone else think this is worthwhile? Or have other suggestions for colors, like blue & orange, e.g.  +03 and  04?  (Note I used the em-dash — instead of the normal dash - for enhanced visibility of the minus sign!  The en-dash – is also possible.)

Last edited by aelliott (2016-Oct-25 4:37 pm)

Andy Elliott
Huawei M3, A7, Naviator 3.9.0, echoUAT

#2 2018-Jun-19 6:56 am

sammy1958

Re: Is color coded traffic altitude indication possible?

I would like enhanced visuals on the traffic date, either let me increase the fonts, or show the altitude with increased visablity, When traffic appears, its nice to get a quick reference on if they are above, below, or worse, the same altitude...I do use the filtering and that has been working very well, Thanks!

Board footer