Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2018-Apr-21 12:31 pm

airlina

ADSB traffic hockey puck

Does anyone know the size of the monitored airspace (distance and altitude) for ADSB traffic on naviator. Unable to find any information on this subject. Thanks Bruce

#2 2018-Apr-21 2:25 pm

bkspero

Re: ADSB traffic hockey puck

+-3500 ft and 30 nm in diameter according to:  https://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/c … /ins_outs/

#3 2018-Apr-21 3:30 pm

airlina

Thanks for the reply , I ask because I just installed the Uavionix ECHO ADSB transceiver in my kitfox and have begun flight testing . I was flying about 20 miles from BUF airport while monitoring their approach and dept freq. When an airliner was approaching or departing I was watching to see if they would show on my tablet and I would see maybe 3 out of 4 and wanted to find out if the hockey puck is limited on naviator. I have played with a rival app that allows this dimension to be user selected but I could not find anything like that in naviator settings.

#4 2018-Apr-22 9:37 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Check this setting: Settings --> External Devices --> ADS-B Settings --> Filter Traffic.

It is enabled by default and will filter out traffic that isn't a collision threat. Uncheck the 'Filter Traffic' setting to see all ADS-B traffic targets as they are received.

Cheers,
Mike

#5 2018-Apr-22 2:06 pm

airlina

Thanks Mike I will give it a go-also have just run into a problem while trying to increase my tablet storage. As I was unable to store charts on my Samsung galaxy tab 2 tablet external SD card, I started from scratch and rebooted my tablet . Now when I reinstalled Naviator I keep getting this message when I try to login "user acct has exceeded the device limit" . Can you tell me what this means? and pretend you are explaining it to your dog, as I am an old guy who is not so tech savvy. Thanks Bruce

#6 2018-Apr-22 3:28 pm

airlina

airlina wrote:

Thanks Mike I will give it a go-also have just run into a problem while trying to increase my tablet storage. As I was unable to store charts on my Samsung galaxy tab 2 tablet external SD card, I started from scratch and rebooted my tablet . Now when I reinstalled Naviator I keep getting this message when I try to login "user acct has exceeded the device limit" . Can you tell me what this means? and pretend you are explaining it to your dog, as I am an old guy who is not so tech savvy. Thanks Bruce

Disregard found an answer to the device limit snafu-but does anyone know how to store charts on external SD card on a samsung tab 2 7.0 tablet. Getting ready for a long cross country and my internal storage of 8 GB is getting filled quickly. When i tried to put them on the SD card they simply disappear and all i can access is the base map only. Thanks Bruce

#7 2018-Apr-22 7:00 pm

bkspero

Airlina, I find that in cases like this I get better results by directly contacting Mike via email at Support@NaviatorApp.com.

#8 2018-Apr-23 3:31 am

airlina

Thank BKSero I will give that a try.

#9 2018-Apr-23 8:31 pm

bille

Set the external storage device with: Settings --> Other Settings --> Chart Storage Drive --> Change Storage Location.  Select an installed external location.  I have used my Galaxy Tab this way for quite awhile without any problem.

#10 2018-Apr-24 9:13 am

airlina

Thanks for the response Billie. That is the procedure I have tried on my Samsung Tab 2 7.0 (android 4.2.2 , kernel version) with no luck. The sectionals charts disappear and all that is available is the base map. Maybe its is a difference in the android version I have to what your tab is. Bruce

#11 2018-Apr-24 11:53 am

bille

Did you try downloading the charts again?  It has been a long while since I made the move and I don't remember if I needed to download to the new location after making the change.  As you mention the Android version may make a difference too (Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Android 5.1.1).

#12 2018-Apr-24 3:54 pm

airlina

I have tried the download several times and most recently over the weekend, with the same result. Even went as far as rebooting the tablet to factory default settings , reloading naviator app then downloading the sectionals ,seems they stay put only in the device internal memory which would be OK if I more than  8 GB . I do appreciate your help Bille . Bruce

#13 2018-Apr-26 11:44 am

Light_Sport

Do you have a card reader for your computer?  If so, i would re-format the card using the computer (You can also do a 'Full' rather than a 'quick' format -- this will also make sure the card is still working - SD cards are notorious for failing) and pay attention to the pop-ups that happen when it is first inserted into the tablet.  I don't remember the wording, but i think it asks whether you want it mounted as permanent or removable storage.  Choose permanent.  Then try the storage selection mentioned above by billie.  It worked for me on a Samsung tab 2 7".

#14 2018-Apr-28 5:43 pm

airlina

Light_sport , I didn't have a clue what reformatting an SD card was but heck why not ,I took your advice and found the slot in my computer and after watching a quick tutorial on how to do it I gave it a try and by golly it worked! was able to load charts now onto the SD card ,so just wanted to say thanks to you and also thanks again Bille . Never did hear back from the Naviator support so without your help I was stuck. Ready for lots of flying this year. Thanks Bruce

Board footer