Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.0 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#26 2016-Sep-09 11:26 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: SAR mode

Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide an update on this feature request... The latest development build of Naviator includes the following SAR patterns: parallel, creeping line, expanding square and circle. If you have Naviator hooked up to an autopilot, it will be able to automatically fly these patterns for you.

The anticipated release date is sometime in the second half of this month. Sincere apologies that it took so long to get this done.

Cheers,
Mike

#27 2016-Sep-20 11:30 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

The following search patterns are available in v3.8:

• Parallel

• Creeping Line

• Expanding Square

• Circle

Cheers,
Mike

#28 2016-Oct-16 3:10 pm

kevin182
Website

Hi Mike,

Thank you ...thank you...for adding the SAR functions. As a USCG Aux Air pilot we have one additional search pattern that we fly. The Cloverleaf.  It's easy to see and fly, not so easy to describe. Could I send it over to you to include in the next release.

Also, I was having a heck of a time getting the creeping line search to overlay correctly on the intended course. It may be helpful to allow us to use the ruler function to establish the line of travel, then overlay the creeping line search over that.
Another idea would be to allow us to use a pair of user defined waypoints as a starting an ending point.

And finally, the ability to edit the field screen would be extremely helpful instead of having to re-input all our set points when the search pattern doesn't line up correctly.

Thanks again...and this app keeps getting better.

Kevin

#29 2016-Oct-17 7:04 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the feedback Kevin. I will be making some tweaks to the SAR feature based on your ideas.

Cheers,
Mike

#30 2016-Nov-08 2:05 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

The latest release contains some improvements to the SAR features. Details here: http://forum.naviatorapp.com/viewtopic.php?id=1387

Cheers,
Mike

#31 2018-Feb-14 6:44 am

jose jose

Added note - I have the Visual Basic code to locate points based on mag direction and distance from an existing point, just in case someone (else) wants to volunteer to work on this.  My bandwidth is palabras que rimen limited these days and I'm not a CAP flyer.

bro i want to work whit ya can i???? as a volunteer of course why u r not a CAP flyer btw???

#32 2018-Feb-14 6:45 am

jose jose

Added note - I have the Visual Basic code to locate points based on mag direction and distance from an existing point, just in case someone (else) wants to volunteer to work on this.  My bandwidth is palabras que rimen limited these days and I'm not a CAP flyer.

bro i want to work whit ya can i???? as a volunteer of course why u r not a CAP flyer btw???

Board footer