Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2017-Aug-06 6:12 pm

n1yd

No info for Winds Aloft

Today, with an Internet connection, whenever I do a long press to see Winds Aloft, the result is always 0 degrees Celsius and 0 knots.  This has always worked fine before.  What obscure setting could make Naviator unable to get the winds aloft info?

#2 2017-Aug-07 11:55 am

rollawade

Re: No info for Winds Aloft

Hmm, you made me check that feature on my Nexus 5x.  It displays them properly.  (phone and wi-fi is online)

However, please note that an internet connection must be in place for those to be retrieved.
Web connections like that can be down time-to-time.  Did you check to see if it works today?
Also, could your tablet/phone run other internet access apps at the time to show that its connection was working?

Also, a request to utilize the winds aloft in ADS-B data streams (Stratus, Stratux, etc. ) has not yet been implemented.  So you need to be in wi-fi or phone data connection with the internet to get winds aloft.

#3 2017-Aug-07 5:12 pm

n1yd

I can't explain it, but today the winds aloft is working fine.   I did not change any settings, but today it just works.

#4 2017-Aug-08 8:29 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

There was a temporary server issue that prevented the winds aloft data from being properly updated, but this has now been resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

#5 2017-Aug-14 7:41 am

themartinranch
Website

After sending multiple squawks about this altitude optimizer issue to Mike via both direct email AND Web form, and never receiving more than the standard robot response of "Thank you for contacting us! Your request has been received and is being reviewed by our customer service staff," I got lucky and found Mike''s forum post stating the server issue was corrected.

What a shame that it took Sherlock Holmes investigative work on my behalf to obtain an indirect answer to my inquiry. Why provide an email address and Web form on Naviator''s support page if you don't intend to respond to our cries for help?

I agree with many of the other recent posts on this forum frustrated with the lack of attention and/or responses to our inquires
While Naviator is indeed a far better EFB platform to many of its competitors, the customer service aspect has fallen off a cliff in the last several months. A direct response to an issue used to take hours, if not minutes. Now we're lucky to see a forum post once every several months with no direct reply via email at all.

For a paid service, it's truly sad that Naviator has grown too big for its britches and become the box store equivalent for customer service.

On a side note, last night I purchased the Seattle Avionics chart data for $75 to obtain geo-referenced approach plates. When I insert either my valid email/password info, or a bogus combination of email/password, I get the same error..." Subscription has expired." This tells me that there is, yet again, a bug/error with the app. The waiting game begins yet again for a resolution.

FYI, here is the last robot response I received...

Date: Aug 11, 2017 4:38am
Subject: Re: Ticket 3364 (ticket 3370)

#- Please type your reply above this line -##

Thank you for contacting us! Your request has been received and is being reviewed by our customer service staff. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Please note that our regular business hours are Monday to Friday from 7am to 5pm Pacific Time. Support requests received outside these hours may experience a delayed response.

This email is a service from 123west Software Inc.

#6 2018-Jan-11 8:38 am

Luscombe

I am now having this issue, any advice from someone?

#7 2018-Jan-11 8:56 am

themartinranch
Website

My winds aloft eventually returned to normal. I had poor communications from the Naviator customer support team. Wishing you luck.

#8 2018-Jan-11 10:25 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Sorry everyone, it looks like a process got hung up on one of our servers. It's running now and you should see an updated winds aloft forecast in the app within the next few hours.

Cheers,
Mike

Board footer