Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2012-Nov-03 12:49 pm

blackbird

CAP Gridded Overlays

I'm wondering if a CAP gridded overlay is a possible addition to the app?

Thanks,
Blackbird

#2 2012-Nov-03 6:28 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: CAP Gridded Overlays

Hi Blackbird,

This is something that I will consider adding to a future version. There are a few high priority items being worked on now, and once those have been completed I will look into adding this.

Cheers,
Mike

#3 2012-Dec-20 10:39 am

temckean

This would be one of my biggest wish list items as well.  I know of a few other pilots in my CAP squadron that would love this feature.  Some have already started using Naviator but others are still researching the options.  This would be a definite plus in your favor.

Tom

#4 2012-Dec-25 6:45 pm

rescuepilot

Just saw in the reviews in this month's Flying Magazine that WingXPro just added CAP search gridding that can be superimposed over the sectionals.  I'm going to go push for Flying Magazine to review Naviator. This is the first month that I see they are even acknowledging that there is an alternative to the iPad.

#5 2016-May-13 12:48 pm

areyesj

Just switch FltPlan Go to Naviator.  The main reason was that my Stratux ADS-B did not work properly. Now I like the application on my android and it will become a hit if you include the CAP grids to the databases as FltPlan Go does.   It was mention on 2012 as a future upgrade. Is still on the plans? Or I can do it myself?

#6 2017-Jul-16 6:23 am

ccdave

Just checking in on this addition.   I was just at a CAP National Flight school which had pilots from all over the country.  Naviator now has our search patterns but without the CAP grids we are all stuck on FltPlan which has both.  So when I was asked (and I was asked many times), I had not choice but to recommend FltPlan.   Naviator is so much more stable and I think you would get a decent RIO on making the investment in CAP grids.  CAP owns the largest fleet of single-engine piston aircraft in the nation and has thousand of pilots.   And we have a two person team in the front of the plane with the right seat called Mission Commander, not a pilot but is tasked as a Navigator.  They would love this too.   As soon as this is available I will be glad to spread the word on CAP forums.

Last edited by ccdave (2017-Jul-16 7:18 am)

#7 2017-Jul-16 9:16 am

aelliott

Do you CAP guys want the older conventional grids or the CELL grid system?  And are the ABCD's a must-have, or just the grid?

Last edited by aelliott (2017-Jul-16 9:19 am)

Andy Elliott
Huawei M3, A7, Naviator 3.9.0, echoUAT

#8 2018-Jan-05 12:14 pm

SaroDude

CAP is supposed to work with the newer style grids.

#9 2018-Feb-25 6:47 pm

cbinusa

Mike, I was in a CAP class today where we had to use grids. I was the only one of twelve who was not on Foreflight, and so had to fumble around with a pre-printed CAP grid chart to use with Naviator.  Any chance this CAP grid will come soon on Naviator? Others in my squadron are in the same bind. Thanks.

Last edited by cbinusa (2018-Feb-25 6:51 pm)

Board footer