Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2017-Dec-31 4:15 pm

nedu537

New Zealand airspace

Hi

I'm in New Zealand and currently evaluating Naviator. I've downloaded the base map which works fine and I appear to have all of the nessessary airport and navaid information overy aid correctly. What I don't have is any airspace information. I can't see a separate download for this, so is this something I need to download from elsewhere and install separately?

#2 2017-Dec-31 4:19 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: New Zealand airspace

Naviator supports importing custom airspace areas in the "OpenAir" format. Airspace files for NZ can be found at http://gliding.co.nz/pilots/pilot-resou … ace-files/

To import an airspace file, open the Naviator main menu and then tap Plan --> Custom Data --> Custom Airspace --> Import Data.

Cheers (and Happy New Year!),
Mike

#3 2017-Dec-31 4:35 pm

nedu537

Great, thanks for such a fast resonse!

I've done that and they installed ok. Now, how do I get them to display? I have the Airspace layer checked.

Happy NY to you too for when the time comes:-)

#4 2017-Dec-31 9:02 pm

nedu537

Forget that last message, the airspace is showing now. The app just seemed to need a minute or two to recognize it. Thanks.

BTW I'm liking the look of what I see so far. I've also georeferenced and installed my local aeronautical planning and nav charts which is an excellent feature.

Cheers:-)

Board footer