Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.0 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2017-Nov-28 10:14 am

areyesj

Stratux not working after loading approach plates

Hello:

After buying/loading the Approach Plates from Seatle Avionics, the program connects to STRATUX (v1.4r3) but only the RECEIVER CONNECT is green, Heartbeat, GPS and FIS-B remain in red.  The STRATUX page shows everything is working on the STRATUX system.

I see these messages
RADAR: NOT VALID,
ADS_B: ERROR and
NO-GPS

My tablet is a Galaxy TAB S2 and Android version 7.0. with Naviator 3.9.0 - So the ASDS-B is not working as before, Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

Alex in Phoenix

#2 2017-Nov-29 8:11 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: Stratux not working after loading approach plates

Hi Alex,

Have you selected the Stratux as the device in the "Wi-Fi Port" setting? If not, go to Settings --> External Devices --> ADS-B Settings --> Wi-Fi Port and make sure you select 'Stratux' from the list.

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.

Cheers,
Mike

#3 2017-Nov-30 2:35 pm

areyesj

Hi Mike
The port is selected fine, as you noted.  The system connects to the wifi fine , is is green, the others remain red, no heartbeat or GPS.
Just to be sure I loaded the Naviator on my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) and it connects and works perfect with heartbeat and GPS on the green.
Then I decided to re-install Naviator on my tablet, but it will connect as before but no heartbeat or GPS, still red, even waitng for a long time.  On the Stratux window all is fine.
For whatever reason even if connected it is not receiving the info.  Jyoung told me to contact the guru: you.

By the way, when my phone give me a warning by voice for a near plane ( I live close to the Scottsdale, Arizona airport) it shows a message: to hear, download a voice app.  I heard the warning fine, so I don't know why the message.

Thanks

Alex

Last edited by areyesj (2017-Nov-30 2:37 pm)

#4 2017-Dec-05 8:08 pm

areyesj

Update, just in case somebody encounter the problem.  On the Stratux forum somebody reply with a simple soluton:  Don't use the power saving setting on the Galaxy tab S2,  Desabled it and voila it now connects to stratux fine, wasted 5 days of resetting, reloading, changing software and hardware.
Happy camper now.

Board footer