Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.8.5 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2017-May-07 8:19 am

qmdv

How to down load charts

I went to Select Data, selected United United States, selected FAA Sectionals, then I selected Denver.  Now what do I do.  I do not see the next step.

Tim

#2 2017-May-07 4:30 pm

bkspero

Re: How to down load charts

Just tap the device's back button and. presuming it has an internet connection, Naviator will pause to look up if the sectional is available and ask you if you want to download it.  Tap yes and it will begin.  On all my devices Naviator closes while the data download.  When the notification bar shows the download is done you may reopen Naviator and the data should be there.

#3 2017-May-07 8:20 pm

qmdv

Steps taken.  1  Select Data.  2 Choose United States.  3 Chose FAA Sectionals.  4 Check Klamath Falls only.  5 Hit back button.  6 See Data updates and hit the check button.  7 At Select Updates uncheck all but Klamath Falls.  8  Start Down Load.  Waiting for Download to finish.  Checked it 10 minutes later and tablet says and tablet says selected updates have finished installing.  Started Naviator and tapped select chart and under individual Charts it says none.    I am about to give up.  My subscription expires in 24 days and if I cannot figure this out I will not renew.

#4 2017-May-07 9:05 pm

qmdv

Well I uninstalled Naviator and re installed it.  Problem is that I am not sure what email address to use.  I tried both addresses I have and tried reset password.  I admit I am not too techy.

tim

#5 2017-May-09 8:33 pm

qmdv

I have used Naviator for several years.  I have only had the eight sectionals west of the Rockies cus that is where I fly.  I have been using a Galaxy Tab 4 by Samsung.  I am planning a flight to Boulder Colorado in a month and a half so I tried to load the Denver Sectional.  Would not load.  So I updated to latest app and no joy.  Next I uninstalled the app and reinstalled.  That got rid of the eight sectional that I use regularly but I still had the TAC's.   Tried just loading one sectional.  I check the tablet after a few hours and it says that updates are finished.  Get into the app and it say that Download in progress.  Even after all night I still get Download in progress.

Now I cannot load any sectionals.  I have tried everything I can think of and am flying with 3 year old world charts because the airports around here do not have them anymore.

Support did help me get my password after I uploaded the latest Naviator app but cannot seem to help me load data.  My subscription runs out and it looks like I will be going to another app.  It is a shame cus I really like Naviator and have recommended it to several friends.  Really disappointed.

Tim

Last edited by qmdv (2017-May-09 8:39 pm)

#6 2017-May-10 8:13 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Please also keep in mind that a chart will only show up in the "Select Chart" list if you are currently viewing the area of the world covered by that chart. For example, for the Klamath Falls chart to appear in the list you need to see the KLMT airport on the map before tapping "Select Chart".

If that isn't the problem, please see the latest reply to your support ticket for something else to try.

Cheers,
Mike

#7 2017-May-10 11:20 am

qmdv

That is not the problem.  I followed your latest instructions that you emailed me and that seemed to fixed it.  I knew that I could not be over Salt Lake City and see the Kamath Fall Sectional.   Thanks for hanging in there for me Mike.    Am now downloading the eight western most USA Charts and will see how it goes.

Tim

Last edited by qmdv (2017-May-10 11:21 am)

#8 2017-May-11 3:31 pm

cmmguy

Mike wrote:

Please also keep in mind that a chart will only show up in the "Select Chart" list if you are currently viewing the area of the world covered by that chart. For example, for the Klamath Falls chart to appear in the list you need to see the KLMT airport on the map before tapping "Select Chart".

If that isn't the problem, please see the latest reply to your support ticket for something else to try.

Cheers,
Mike

Additionally, if you click on VFR under stitched charts, the chart will be activated without specifically selecting it or being "over" it. (lol, I know you know, but sometimes we forget the easy answers. )

Last edited by cmmguy (2017-May-11 3:31 pm)

Board footer