Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2016-Oct-15 3:20 pm

robinkno

Traffic Advisories not showing

I have the Navworx 600exp ADS-B in & out connected to my samsung tablet. My status are all green.
I get the traffic Advisories and Alerts thru my audio and the black box for an Alert appears on the bottom left corner of the screen and shows the relative position correctly.
However for Advisories I do not get the white square, or the yellow dot, or the black square on the chart around my aircraft symbol. What am I missing?

It would be very helpful if the Traffic Advisory audio also gave the relative position the same as the alert. Currently I hear the traffic advisory but nothing appears on my chart so no indication where to look. In 6 months with the system I have not found 1 aircraft with the advisory but have found many with the Alert, sometimes much closer than I would like!

Mike, I’d appreciate your comments. What am I missing?
Thanks
Robin.

#2 2016-Oct-17 8:19 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: Traffic Advisories not showing

Hi Robin,

Please make sure that you have enabled the "Traffic Alerts" map layer (tap the Layers button and then tap Traffic Alerts). This will configure the app to display the traffic symbology on the map.

Thanks for your feedback regarding adding voice alerts for traffic advisories. I will make this change for the next release.

Cheers,
Mike

#3 2016-Oct-17 12:47 pm

robinkno

I have enabled my layers, so that should fix it. Thanks.

#4 2016-Oct-21 6:06 pm

JohnAJohnson

Mike, I really like the way you implemented traffic, (both audible and visual).  I think it is done better than any other app, including those on the iOS devices.

#5 2016-Oct-22 6:48 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Thanks, John. I appreciate your kind feedback!

Cheers,
Mike

Board footer