Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2016-Sep-06 5:58 am

George

Stratux display on NAVIATOR while using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5

In reference to the subject, can that be done? If yes what are the installation instructions? Thanks, George

#2 2016-Sep-06 8:21 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: Stratux display on NAVIATOR while using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Hi George,

Yes, Naviator is compatible with the Stratux. Simply joining the Statux's wifi network is usually all the setup that is required. Naviator will detect the ADS-B receiver and begin using the data within the app. If for some reason Naviator does not automatically detect your Stratux, open the Naviator main menu and then tap Settings --> External Devices --> ADS-B Settings --> Connect.

Cheers,
Mike

#3 2016-Sep-06 3:33 pm

George

Worked flowlesly, now I can see all Stratux sensed surrounding traffic on my Note 5 Naviator map display. Thank you Mike!

#4 2016-Sep-22 5:56 pm

lwojcik

I am trying to hook up a stratux clone (Flightbox, RPi3, software ver 1.0, with a external GPS puck) to Naviator 3.8 running on an Asus TX-101, Android 4.03.

I can connect to the flightbox on the wifi link at 192.168.10.1 and it comes up with the status page.  It gives all the info, lat/lon, recieved beacon signals, etc to the Asus.

As best as I can tell, it is not connecting at all to the Naviator program, no GPS or other info, although under the ADSB setup status, it has the top block green, all the others red.  Could there be a problem with the SSID?

I got the Flightbox primarily so that I could use an external GPS, since the one in the tablet gets blocked by the fuselage and wings (C172).  Of course the weather and TFRs will be good to have too.

Help

Leonard

#5 2016-Sep-22 5:58 pm

lwojcik

Slightly off topic, but what does a fine grid of horizontal lines covering the map display mean?

#6 2016-Sep-22 6:31 pm

rollawade

lwojcik wrote:

Slightly off topic, but what does a fine grid of horizontal lines covering the map display mean?

generally that means you have selected display of radar, but the radar has not yet been retrieved.  as the radar data is received blocks of the grid lines will be replaced with updated radar.

#7 2016-Sep-22 6:34 pm

rollawade

lwojcik wrote:

I am trying to hook up a stratux clone (Flightbox, RPi3, software ver 1.0, with a external GPS puck) to Naviator 3.8 running on an Asus TX-101, Android 4.03.

I can connect to the flightbox on the wifi link at 192.168.10.1 and it comes up with the status page.  It gives all the info, lat/lon, recieved beacon signals, etc to the Asus.

As best as I can tell, it is not connecting at all to the Naviator program, no GPS or other info, although under the ADSB setup status, it has the top block green, all the others red.  Could there be a problem with the SSID?

I got the Flightbox primarily so that I could use an external GPS, since the one in the tablet gets blocked by the fuselage and wings (C172).  Of course the weather and TFRs will be good to have too.

Help

Leonard

i have seen similar behavior with my stratux.  often times a restart of the stratux will correct it (of course you will have to reconnect naviator device to the stratux wifi when you reboot).

Board footer