Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2016-Feb-01 8:48 pm

Skypuppy

Flight Plan transfer

Since we are allowed to have Naviator on two devices, it would be nice to be able to sync saved flight plans and the flight logs between the two devices. I have two tablets, one for home and one for the airplane. I plan my flights on the larger home tablet and it would be wonderful to be able to send the saved flight plan to the one other tablet on the aircraft. Here is the issue. The tablet is off until I'm ready to fly so when I go to aircraft and turn on the tablet it would automatically sync the two tablets for flights plans, and routes previously flown.

#2 2016-Feb-05 10:43 am

cmmguy

Re: Flight Plan transfer

Right now you can export then import. Setup dropbox on both devices and use that as the sycronized location. I understand what you want but you will end up with basically the same step anyway since you will need a common storage place like the web.

What would be nice along this same thought is the ability to synchronize user waypoints.

Last edited by cmmguy (2016-Feb-05 10:49 am)

#3 2016-Feb-23 7:28 pm

SaroDude

So....

The functionality requested isn't an explicit export / import.  It's a sync - something that just happens.  Hypothetically, Naviator could probably use Google Drive or Dropbox for storage of these things (without the user constantly importing or exporting) and let those ecosystems handle the sync.

Waypoints, plans, etc....

-Saro

#4 2016-Feb-26 7:54 am

cmmguy

SaroDude wrote:

The functionality requested isn't an explicit export / import.

I got that and it would be nice... I was only suggesting to the user that there was a way to do it until a sync function might become available.

Board footer