Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2016-Jan-15 9:09 am

aelliott

Like to create personal MOA-like airspaces

I fly in a congested area where there are a number of aerobatic boxes, practice approaches, and other well-defined areas that different flight schools use for training (kind of like civilian MOAs), but are not on the charts. It would be most helpful if I could define these areas and have them show up on the charts, especially base map and VFR charts. The very poor work-around I have now is to define and display (inactive) a very complex route.  This makes is impossible to use another route, and the areas are not highly visible on the chart.

What I'd really like to be able to do is define polygonal "airspaces" somehow, have "display" on/off and "active" on/off settings for each, and define  display/active colors for each one.  Maybe the active color could just be a brighter version of the display color?  In that way, I could have a set of them displayed, and the one I want to go to, or perhaps want to avoid, be highlighted.  Perhaps you could touch the area and toggle the activity status?  Really cool would be if at the shared borders they used alternating color dashes, e.g. ------------------.

FWIW,

Last edited by aelliott (2016-Jan-15 9:13 am)

Andy Elliott
Huawei M3, A7, Naviator 3.9.1, echoUAT

#2 2016-Jan-31 10:09 am

aelliott

Re: Like to create personal MOA-like airspaces

Wow! I discovered that Mike had already implemented this starting in v3.7!  There is now an option for Custom Data in the Plan menu, and under that Custom Airspace.  Airspaces are defined in ASCII text files using the OpenAir format.  The best reference I found for that format was at
http://www.winpilot.com/UsersGuide/UserAirspace.asp
This works! cool  Thanks, Mike!  How many developers can produce requested enhancements  before the customer asks for them? wink

Andy Elliott
Huawei M3, A7, Naviator 3.9.1, echoUAT

#3 2016-Feb-09 4:52 am

maverick

Re: Like to create personal MOA-like airspaces

My wife can.

JIM

Board footer