Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Apr-18 11:21 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 3.3.2

Naviator version 3.3.2 has been released to the Play Store.  Edit: A newer version is now available here.

WARNING: You will be required to re-download all charts after updating from a version prior to 3.3.0. Do not update your copy of Naviator unless you have enough time to re-download the charts before your next flight!

New in version 3.3.2
• The seamless chart layers can now be zoomed in much further
• Added the ability to toggle the display of TAC charts on or off
• Modified the start/stop recording logic for the Flight Recorder; Now if you are stopped for less than 10 minutes the previous recording will be resumed instead of starting a new recording

New in version 3.3.1
• Fixed an issue where charts would not load on devices running Android 4.0.3

New in version 3.3.0:
• Seamless IFR and VFR charts for the United States
• Improved VNAV features including a new "glideslope" indicator (see the video below for details)
• Added the ability to pick a custom storage location for charts
• Various bug fixes

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by Mike (2015-Apr-23 5:03 pm)

#2 2015-Apr-19 1:33 pm

flyzone

Re: Naviator 3.3.2

Stitched chart function works great! I had seamless chart flying from PA to FL and focused on weather issues. I never had to fumble with which chart I needed next. Aside from that the whole app was great with ADSB weather for this rather grueling flight. I don't know how folks used to fly without it. Nice job Mike and company.

Last edited by flyzone (2015-Apr-23 7:07 pm)

#3 2015-Apr-23 5:10 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Version 3.3.2 has been published to the Play Store. Release notes are available in the original post above.

Cheers,
Mike

#4 2015-Apr-24 1:47 pm

bkspero

Thank-you Michael.  Works like a charm.  It took a few minutes to find the toggle for Terminal Area Charts within the "Select Charts" dialog box.  I had been searching through the settings menus.  It is certainly better located where it is, though.  Thanks again.

#5 2015-May-02 4:05 am

capflyer

Does this update delete all the old chart data?  After this update I am out of memory on my Nexus 7 16gb tablet and the only thing on it is Naviator.  No pics, vids, audio, etc.  How much space should all of Naviator take up?

Board footer