Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Apr-28 1:30 pm

JohnAJohnson

Updates Available

I've been running Naviator successfully on my tablet for a few months, and decided to load it on my android phone yesterday.  I now have a problem on the tablet and on the [new] phone.

Tablet (Samsung Tab 2 7.0, android 4.2.2)
Now, when launched on the tablet, immediately after Terms of Use, I get "Data Updates Available 0 minutes".  If I tap it, I get the Select Updates screen with one (of my total of two sectionals) state listed, Missouri (52 MB), and a green checkmark.  If I select "Download", it closes the app and gives the "Update in Progress" box, and if I select "Continue" and check the status, it immediately says that the "Update is Completed".  It will do this repeatedly forever.  With WIFI off I can confirm that the sectionals are loaded on the tablet.

Phone (Samsung Centura, android 4.0.4)
Everytime I launch Naviator, it makes me download the complete data set, a half gig or so.  I confirmed that both my sectionals (Memphis and Kansas City) are on the phone by launching with WIFI off.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do?  I'd rather not Remove and Reinstall just to test, but if that is the fix, I can do that.

Last edited by JohnAJohnson (2015-Apr-28 1:45 pm)

#2 2015-Apr-28 3:11 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: Updates Available

Please contact support@naviatorapp.com so that we can troubleshoot the problem. At first glance, something doesn't seem right as our records indicate your subscription expired in August 2014. It's possible that I'm looking at the wrong account, but please contact us privately so we can be sure.

Thanks,
Mike

#3 2015-Apr-29 8:13 am

JohnAJohnson

Re: Updates Available

Uninstalling and reinstalling on both the phone and tablet did the trick.  I used the wrong login email address multiple times.  Problem solved.
Thanks,
John

Last edited by JohnAJohnson (2015-Apr-29 10:00 am)

Board footer