Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Apr-15 6:15 am

rash

Stitching "pirep"

Ok, I was one of the "curmudgeons" back when the stitched-chart discussions were going around, but I just downloaded the naviator update & new charts, and I have to admit it looks pretty awesome. The update seems pretty responsive & scrolls smoothly on my Nexus7; will look forward to actually flying with it later this week! (I'll add, though, that I do very much appreciate the fact that the option for looking at original individual charts is retained, to be able to see margin information, check any "anomalies" around boundaries, etc.)

#2 2015-Apr-15 6:48 am

jimgfitzgerald

Re: Stitching "pirep"

What update?

#3 2015-Apr-15 7:46 am

rash

The Google Play store offered to update my Naviator version this morning. As I believe often happens, it's probably not instantaneous for everyone all at once; I'm guessing it should appear as an available update soon!

You will want to make sure you have the time (& wifi) to re-download all your charts for this update, though; so it's probably best not to update yet if you don't have the time & wifi right away...

#4 2015-Apr-15 8:20 am

jimgfitzgerald

Thanks.

#5 2015-Apr-15 1:07 pm

dbarrington1

I cant get the charts to stich..

#6 2015-Apr-15 1:27 pm

rash

Be sure you have version 3.3.0, and have let it re-download all your charts. (This may take some time, so be sure you have time & a good internet connection.) When I did this and went to "select chart" - I see 3 new ones I hadn't seen before: "VFR", "IFR LO", and "IFR HI" - these are the stitched charts.

#7 2015-Apr-15 2:33 pm

dbarrington1

OK  I did download that ver and new charts.. did not see those choices... I will check now   thanks

#8 2015-Apr-15 5:35 pm

flyzone

Downloaded the new stitched chart update. Looks good and map download wasn't bad at all; maybe 30 min. I did get a "Naviator stopped" message once which is of some concern as well as 2 other Opsys messages to Wait on task that never showed up. Performance doesn't seem like it's a problem but we will have to see. I'll get to try it in the air on a couple of days. I do like it better than I thought I would but am concerned about the initial blips.

#9 2015-Apr-16 12:51 pm

rotrhead

Downloaded the new version and all the maps.
Started out looking great and then I Unchecked the box - Use online Maps when internet is available -

Now I have no map data at all....It comes back if I check the box when connected to the internet.

Thanks
Paul

#10 2015-Apr-16 1:00 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Try rebooting your tablet. If that doesn't fix the problem let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

#11 2015-Apr-17 5:27 am

rotrhead

Rebooting the tablet did not help.
Checking or un-checking the "Use online maps" turns on or off the maps being displayed

Thanks
Paul

#12 2015-Apr-17 10:23 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

I've followed up via email.

Cheers,
Mike

#13 2015-Apr-17 11:23 am

dontaw

I have yet to see version 3.3 at play store. Anything special I should do?
Thanks...Don

#14 2015-Apr-17 11:29 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

We're still in the process of rolling out the update to everyone's devices. You should see it appear within the next few days.

Cheers,
Mike

#15 2015-Apr-18 7:44 am

slodders

It would have been nice to get the update before my flight to Sun 'n Fun tomorrow. I cannot imagine trying to download an entire database using a hotel WiFi. Not sure why the rollout takes this long...

#16 2015-Apr-18 10:46 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

We believed it was prudent to do a staged rollout for this release due to the nature of the changes. I appreciate everyone's patience and the process is nearly complete. We have just now pushed the launch button and everyone should see that the update is available within the next few hours.

Cheers,
Mike

#17 2015-Apr-18 10:59 am

slodders

Great news!!! Thanks Mike.

Dave

#18 2015-Apr-18 1:24 pm

jimgfitzgerald

slodders wrote:

It would have been nice to get the update before my flight to Sun 'n Fun tomorrow. I cannot imagine trying to download an entire database using a hotel WiFi. Not sure why the rollout takes this long...

You can use hotel WIFI for this.  That's not a problem.

#19 2015-Apr-19 8:57 pm

dontaw

Mike,
I download ver 3.3.1 today to my Droid Maxx and Galaxy tab2 7. Everything appears to be working fine. Heading to Sun nFun Tues a.m. About 6 hrs with one fuel stop. Will give it a try. Looks good so far.

Thanks for you're hard work.....
Don
Ps-the new charts loaded
in under 5 mins on my verizon 4g network

#20 2015-May-08 5:05 pm

dontaw

Sun n Fun follow up.
Chart stitching worked great. Had a couple of times Naviator stopped working. I turned off NexRad and problem went away. I suspect my Droid Maxx might have been overwhelmed.
Thanks Mike for your timely release of 3.3.2

#21 2015-May-08 6:01 pm

jimgfitzgerald

Same thing happens with my Nexus 7.  I am going to stop using Naviator because of it.

#22 2015-May-08 8:00 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

If you ever see a "Report" button when Naviator stops, and are able to, please submit a crash report and include your name or email address. This helps immensely with tracking down the source of the problem. Please also email us directly at support@naviatorapp.com to bring our attention to any crash reports you have submitted.

Thanks,
Mike

#23 2015-May-10 7:01 pm

flyzone

It would probably be better if the email address was automatically filled in. It seems it is available to you. I'm guessing crash reports are queued for back-on-the-ground forwarding but I'm not sure. When I'm in the air and it fails I'm less than likely to want to type an email address or even a reason with that hokey keyboard. I do note when flying that the app seems to be under more pressure than when I'm on the ground so these would be the most important crash reports IMHO. I note this based on considerably slower or even a substantially delayed response from the control buttons.

#24 2015-May-12 11:15 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

The crash reports are handled directly by the Android operating system, so unfortunately we cannot pre-fill any of the data. I understand that it is not always possible to submit a crash report while trying to fly an aircraft, but they do significantly cut down the time it takes us to track down the source of problems. Definitely take care of flying the aircraft before dealing with a crash report! If the crash happens on the ground or while you are flying with another pilot who could take the controls while you fiddle with the tablet, please go ahead and submit the report. Otherwise, email us about the crash and provide as many details as possible so that we can try to reproduce the problem on our test devices.

Cheers,
Mike

Board footer