Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2014-Dec-08 9:16 am

dontaw

smart phones

I am looking to upgrade phones soon. Looking at new android os, kit kat, lollipop, etc, is there any down side running naviator that anyone has experienced? For the hardware, screen readability in sunlight is a factor. Looking to the prepaid no contract market. 
Any feed back would be appreciated.
Thanks......Don

#2 2014-Dec-08 9:41 am

jimgfitzgerald

Re: smart phones

Evidently, people have had problems with many apps on Android 5.0.  I'm sure they will be resolved eventually.  I prefer Verizon to any other provider, because of the superior network.  You can pay cash for a phone without a contract.  Naviator works great on my Droid Maxx and worked great on my previous Driod Razr Maxx.  I use the phone as backup to a Nexus 7 tablet running Android 4.4.4.

#3 2014-Dec-08 5:10 pm

dontaw

Sounds like a good choice. The Maxx has great reviews. I too have been with Verizon for years because of coverage in these TN hills.
Thanks...Don

#4 2014-Dec-09 5:14 pm

dontaw

Ordered  a Droid maxx today. Plan to use it with naviator as a secondary tool. I am installing the new MGL Discovery Lite Efis as primary navigation. Will downsize naviator from the galaxy tab7. Will run the dual xgps and route planning with naviator on the Maxx. This combo should work well for space management in my experimental cockpit.

#5 2014-Dec-09 5:25 pm

jimgfitzgerald

I bought one of these, which I really like.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EOT … UTF8&psc=1

#6 2014-Dec-09 6:16 pm

dontaw

Thanks for the info. Maygo to Nushield dayview screen protector first. Improved sunlight readability on the tab7 considerably.

Board footer