Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2014-Oct-19 5:06 pm

dontaw

ads b

I am settling in to the Dual xgps170 purchased at Oshkosh. During flight, looking for winds aloft, I get a "no internet available" message. Does anyone know if that information is available with ads b?
Thx....Don

#2 2014-Oct-19 5:14 pm

jimgfitzgerald

Re: ads b

No, you need to pick that up on the ground with your WIFI internet connection before departure.

#3 2014-Oct-19 5:21 pm

dontaw

Thanks. I did that and it worked fine. Some beautiful flying today in the Tennesse Valley.

#4 2014-Oct-19 9:07 pm

flyzone

I've always thought a nice feature to have would be an icon showing the wind direction and intensity relative to your direction of flight. I know its available with a long press but when you're navigating track up or shooting an approach having it show relative to your direction would be kind of handy. Perhaps it could be (optionally) on the map but for those concerned with clutter maybe in the menu or button bar. Since wind is more relevant with its intensity either the size, color or prominence of the icon could be changed with the wind speed.

#5 2014-Oct-20 6:41 am

rash

Turns out the the textual winds aloft forecast is indeed part of the current FIS-B package broadcast from the ADS-B ground transceivers. I believe recalling when I asked about this earlier, that it would be incorporated into Naviator in a future release?

Board footer