Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2011-Jul-31 4:29 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 1.1.3 Release Candidate 1

Naviator 1.1.3 RC1 is now available for download. Edit: A newer version is now available here

WARNING: This is a pre-release version of Naviator and as such may contain bugs which affect the reliability of the application. Install at your own risk.

New features in this version:

• Total overhaul of the download and file management system. The app will automatically notify you of updates, and you can now update all of your files with only two taps.

• Files are downloaded using a background service so now you can use other apps while an update is in progress.

• When you move off the edge of a chart, the adjacent chart from the same "layer" (ex. VFR sectionals/TACs, IFR Enroute, etc.) will automatically load if it has been downloaded.

• Added airport and navaid names to their respective "Quick Info" screens.

• Added a "Set as Default Location" option to the Airport Details screen. This can be useful if your tablet doesn't have a GPS and you are using Naviator as an electronic chart reader.

• Added a "Master Data Reset" button to the Preferences screen. This will wipe all Naviator data from the SD card.

This is a significant update, and many internal components of the app have changed since the last release. I appreciate any feedback and suggestions, and if you find any bugs please let me know!

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2011-Aug-01 1:28 pm

donaldlaw

Re: Naviator 1.1.3 Release Candidate 1

Great job Mike, keep up the good work, will load and report back. Graet new features

Don

#3 2011-Aug-02 9:26 pm

perigee

Mike,

I really like the new download manager.  In fact, planning my trip to and from Oshkosh was very tedious because it took place during a data cycle update so I had to do it before leaving and again coming home.  However I noticed that you did not include procedures in the new manager.  I still have to go to each state separately to download those.  This is especially tedious because you have to wait for an entire state to finish before moving on to the next one.  I hope you can add procedures to the new download manager in the near future.

Thanks

#4 2011-Aug-03 10:34 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Perigee,

If you want to download all states, you can press the 'Menu' button on the screen that lists each state and then select the 'Download All' option. The app doesn't automatically download all the TPP files because there are quite a few of them and I don't assume that everyone wants to get each and every file for the entire country whenever a new cycle is downloaded.

The way the app works now is that you select the files you want once, and when a new cycle is downloaded the files you had previously selected will be automatically updated for you. I'm open to suggestions though, so please let me know if you have any ideas for how this could be improved.

Cheers,
Mike

Board footer