Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2013-Mar-06 8:44 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 1.5.1

Naviator version 1.5.1 is now available in Google Play. Edit: A newer version is now available here.

Changes in this version include:

• Fixed an issue with missing TFRs

• Fixed a crash that would happen when rotating the Android device while viewing the map screen

Changes in version 1.5.0 include:

• Added an airspace layer to the map for the USA and Canada (requires the March 7th database update)

• Added a cities & towns layer to the map (available globally, requires the March 7th database update)

• Added a "Play in Google Earth" option for recorded flights. Replay your recorded flights in 3D!

• Significantly reduced the amount of CPU used by the map screen. This translates into increased battery life.

• Added an option to automatically show the airport diagram after landing (if an airport diagram has been downloaded for the airport)

• Added a new "Direct To" option when tapping a waypoint on the Active Route screen. This will create a direct route from your current position to the selected waypoint, while also preserving the remaining waypoints in the route.

Canadian airspace (class C/D/E/F):
cdnairspace.png

American airspace (class B/C/D):
usairspace.png

Tapping within the airspace boundaries displays the airspace name, class, floor and ceiling:
usairspace_details.png

View your recorded flights in 3D with the new "Play in Google Earth" feature:
google%20earth.png

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by Mike (2013-Mar-17 2:49 pm)

#2 2013-Mar-07 12:08 pm

mpierz

Re: Naviator 1.5.1

Hey Mike.

I downloaded the update via playstore today.

The external storage option says it is unavailable but i have a 32gb mini sd in my phone...

also, the chart update is taking hours VS the usual few minutes. what should I do? are there files I can clear and delete to help speed up the process?

thanks- mark

#3 2013-Mar-07 8:46 pm

Blake

Very nice update.

#4 2013-Mar-07 10:01 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Mark,

I didn't touch any of the code related to external chart storage in this update, so something else must be going on here. What happens if re-insert your SD card and reboot your tablet?

Thanks,
Mike

#5 2013-Mar-07 10:21 pm

mpierz

still unavailable, thats okay im not that worried about it Mike. Its probably an issue with my phone not accepting the sd card, its larger than the tested ones theyve used in the motorola atrix 2.

it still take a long time to download and im not sure it will finish. would deleting the app help? or is there a cache i should clear?

thanks again- mark

#6 2013-Mar-08 11:23 am

flyzone

This is awesome and it satisfies my #1 wish for digital "maps" of airspaces and these show up when you select the "No chart" option which declutters the map. In conjunction with track up this makes the app usable as a navigation device for me rather than just an informational resource. WOW!

Great work Mike!

Now for lesser "nuisance" enhancements which mostly center around usability like more predictable pinch zoom, less "sticky" screen panning (which does seem a bit better) and resolving the confusion with the track up, flight planning and zoom objects. but these are nits compared to these recent blowout enhancements.

This is exciting to see this app come along so fast. 1.5.1 is a milestone release.

Last edited by flyzone (2013-Mar-17 7:10 pm)

#7 2013-Mar-08 11:49 am

jimgfitzgerald

Great work Mike.

#8 2013-Mar-08 2:17 pm

marmotte79

i like a new features airspace layer and  cities & towns layer, great update

#9 2013-Mar-08 8:18 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

mpierz wrote:

it still take a long time to download and im not sure it will finish. would deleting the app help? or is there a cache i should clear?

You could try doing a "Master Data Reset", available from the Preferences --> Other Preferences menu. If that doesn't help, you can try using a file manager to delete the file called "downloadables.db" located in the directory /sdcard/android/data/com.onetwentythree.skynav/files

Cheers,
Mike

#10 2013-Mar-09 12:44 pm

jimgfitzgerald

Will no longer download data to my Droid Razr Maxx.  Works OK on Asus TF700 and Nexus 7.  I've tried everything you listed above and also deleted the Naviator app and reinstalled it.  Data downloads no longer work.

Edit:  I think it's working now.  After going through the preferences a few times, it seems to have started downloading at a slow but reasonable rate.

Last edited by jimgfitzgerald (2013-Mar-09 2:14 pm)

#11 2013-Mar-09 12:55 pm

JWR618

Mike,

Thank you for the software update!

James

#12 2013-Mar-11 10:24 am

rotrhead

Mike,

This is a great addition to the already Fantastic Software.

Thanks
Paul

Board footer