Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2013-Jan-12 8:18 pm

Warrenpb1

Not updating approach charts

The latest update left all my approach charts not-updated. Enroute charts seem to have updated normally. While on this topic, is there a way to choose multiple airports to download (other than the whole state)?

#2 2013-Jan-12 9:50 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: Not updating approach charts

Are the charts completely missing, or are they present but show the previous cycles' effective and end dates?

Try rebooting your tablet to see if it helps at all.

-Mike

#3 2013-Jan-14 2:29 pm

Warrenpb1

The chart names are orange on the list so they update once I click on them, but of course I can't do that in the air. Using a Motorola AtrixII phone.

#4 2013-Jan-14 2:49 pm

jimgfitzgerald

Just click to update them all once every 4 weeks.

#5 2013-Jan-15 7:57 am

Warrenpb1

Jim,
Maybe I'm not making myself clear. I have a set of airports that I've downloaded the charts for such as LFT LCH HOU EFD GLS etc... On the Naviator home page, I select updates available and it shows terminal charts are available. When I back out it appears to download, but only the sectionals and enrouts have been downloaded. All the terminal charts are now highlighted orange in the approach page section meaning they need to be downloaded again. I don't want to have to go through and individually download all those airports again.

#6 2013-Jan-15 8:52 am

jimgfitzgerald

Mine are orange also, but if you look at the chart itself, it is the current chart.  It's easier to just download all of them instead of certain ones.

#7 2013-Jan-19 6:17 pm

JWR618

Warrenpb1 wrote:

Jim,
Maybe I'm not making myself clear. I have a set of airports that I've downloaded the charts for such as LFT LCH HOU EFD GLS etc... On the Naviator home page, I select updates available and it shows terminal charts are available. When I back out it appears to download, but only the sectionals and enrouts have been downloaded. All the terminal charts are now highlighted orange in the approach page section meaning they need to be downloaded again. I don't want to have to go through and individually download all those airports again.

I experience the same problem.  The "get data" does not update the approach plates.  I do have "FAA Terminal Procedures" checked.  All states are orange. I have been going to "Fly", "Approach Plates", then selecting "Download all". I have a 32 GB card so this is not a problem but it does take a long time. 

It would be better if we could maybe put a check mark next to the states or even the airports to download and select a "download selected" option.

Thank you.

Board footer