Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2012-Jan-28 7:19 am

lyndonchappell

My solution to running out of memory.

My tablet has 8gb of internal memory and a 16gb sd card. Sadly, I don't have room on the internal storage for all charts and approach plates. I need all of the data on board because I fly all over the country. My solution is to load the navigation charts internally and store all of the approach plates on the sd. I can't use the georeferenced plates with this method. I download the free approach procedures from Fltplan.com and move them to my sd card. They are pdf files so its easy to view them by switching programs. This method is a bit cumbersome, but it works and I have no more storage space issues. I tried moving the Naviator approach plates but could not read them outside of Naviator. Hopefully, a future release will allow for designating storage location for charts and plates within Naviator.

Last edited by lyndonchappell (2012-Jan-28 7:20 am)

#2 2012-Jan-28 8:05 am

donaldlaw

Re: My solution to running out of memory.

Why dont you just buy a tablet that works with Naviator and its great features rather than be cheap and ask for things that work for you. Memory will always get you in the end.

Mike, I ask you to continue with a great product and enhancements and not bow down to these requests to the deportment of other advance features.

Don

#3 2012-Jan-29 3:42 pm

lyndonchappell

Easy Chief! I am not being cheap to the deportment of others. I offered my suggestion to those of us who can use it. If you have plenty of onboard memory great. The app would be improved with the ability to use the sd memory, but it is a great app already. Great work Mike and have a nice day whoever you are, Don.

Lyndon

Last edited by lyndonchappell (2012-Jan-29 3:43 pm)

#4 2012-May-30 3:13 pm

dbarrington1

My naviator data does load onto my sd card.

#5 2012-Jul-05 10:12 am

brewski

Yep, I think my data loads to SD card also.

Is 16gb the max SD card size for your device?

Might also look at super tool box, it will move apps to your SD card that can be moved...might free up need on board storage for you.

Board footer