Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2012-Apr-24 10:54 pm

jimmygay1

approach plates

why do i have to "search" to find the approach plates to download...it seems that it should be a part of the downloads where the charts are.   And why do the plates "disappear" from memory...and not automatically update.  There have been numerous times that i know the plates were in my tablets memory, and now they are gone.  Do they leave after every 28 day update comes out?  If they do, and since they obviously do not automatically update, is there some sort of reminder so that i don't go running out the door, expecting them to be there when they aren't.

#2 2012-Jul-02 8:22 am

cbinzel

Re: approach plates

The current approach charts (that download) expired June 28 and I did a delete all, since I should be able to get the Jun 28 - Jul 26 plates now.  Typically when do they become available? I've got a big trip in 4 days.

#3 2012-Jul-02 6:08 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

The new approach plates have been available since last week. If you look on the Naviator main menu, you should see the text "Updates Available". Tap it, make sure "FAA Terminal Procedures" is selected, and then tap the "Download Updates" button.

Cheers,
Mike

#4 2012-Jul-02 7:12 pm

sabwjz

When I go to download my terminal procedures aka plates it no longer gives me an option to select the states I need as in the past.  Now there is just one checkbox to download terminal procedures.  I've done the download but the plates are not showing up as downloaded under the approach tab while I am navigating  I need this fixed ASAP please help.  Thanks!

#5 2012-Jul-02 9:52 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

From the main menu tap 'Fly' then 'Approach Plates'. Here you can long-tap on a state name to download all the plates for that particular state.

Cheers,
Mike

#6 2012-Jul-03 2:08 pm

cbinzel

Mike,
I have FAA terminal procedures checked, and it was not telling me I needed to do an update (however I have done an update in the last 5 days) Now when I go to  'Fly' then 'Approach Plates'. and load plates, they are all labeled on the right side "May 31 - Jun 28"...............
Wait, since yesterday the approach plates have purged and now need to be loaded.

Not sure why I was still getting the old ones yesterday (I manually deleted & reloaded then all yesterday) . Until today I did not confirm the  FAA terminal procedures was checked (but  it was)

Question, for the approach plates do you need to do a data update, or the " 'Fly' then 'Approach Plates'. and load plates"?

Thanks, Love the App,
-Chuck

Board footer