Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2012-Mar-14 9:35 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 1.3.1

Naviator version 1.3.1 is now available in Google Play (formerly known as the Android Market). Edit: A newer version is now available here.

Changes in this version include:

• The pinch-zoom functionality on the map was completely overhauled and is now much improved over previous versions

• Added the ability to show or hide the buttons along the bottom of the map

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2012-Mar-14 2:15 pm

Challenged

Re: Naviator 1.3.1

*Clap Clap* Nice improvement

#3 2012-Mar-14 5:20 pm

Earl

Edit. Please disregard, once I shutdown and restarted, all is well. Rookie mistake ...

Hey Mike,
When I go to the home screen from Naviator, that app shuts down. I have to restart the app if I navigate away from Naviator. Reduces the utility of the tablet.
Thanks Mike,
Earl

Last edited by Earl (2012-Mar-14 6:03 pm)

#4 2012-Mar-14 5:59 pm

bkspero

Challenged wrote:

+1

#5 2012-Mar-14 9:37 pm

snoboy

Challenged wrote:

X3

#6 2012-Mar-16 8:07 am

bsteg12

Mike, the terrain feature doesn't  appear  to provide raised relief using the Cincinnati sectional.  but   does   display   the.  raised relief using the Pittsburgh  TAC.  The Cincy sectional  appears to  provide  flat  relief however..   just curious.

Thanks, Barry, asus pad

#7 2012-Mar-16 12:39 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Barry, the terrain warnings are not currently hillshaded due to the increased memory or CPU resources required to accomplish this. The warnings are flat shaded and are semi-transparent, so if the underlying chart is hillshaded it will show through and make the terrain warning "appear" as though it is hillshaded. If you turn on both the terrain base map and terrain warnings you can see this effect for yourself.

I may be able to add hillshading to the terrain warnings on high-end devices in a future release, but I would first have to do some tests to see how viable this would be.

Cheers,
Mike

#8 2012-Mar-19 5:34 pm

bkspero

Mike wrote:

Barry, the terrain warnings are not currently hillshaded due to the increased memory or CPU resources required to accomplish this. The warnings are flat shaded and are semi-transparent, so if the underlying chart is hillshaded it will show through and make the terrain warning "appear" as though it is hillshaded. If you turn on both the terrain base map and terrain warnings you can see this effect for yourself.

I may be able to add hillshading to the terrain warnings on high-end devices in a future release, but I would first have to do some tests to see how viable this would be.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike, regarding terrain warnings, when the plane is on the runway everything onscreen is (transparent) red.  During climbout yellow starts to show up in lowlying areas, and spreads out as the climb continues.  With further climbing the yellow disappears from the lowlying areas and the clear spots then spread out until eventually all the warning colors are gone.

My question is...at what height above the terrain does the red color in Naviator's terrain warning turn yellow, and at what height over the terrain does the yellow disappear.  The terrain warnings on a Garmin 530w change from red to yellow at (I think) 100 ft over the terrain.  They turn from yellow to no-warning at (I think) 1000 ft.

Barry

Sorry...just saw there are 2 Barry's asking questions.

Last edited by bkspero (2012-Mar-19 5:37 pm)

#9 2012-Mar-19 6:09 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

If the terrain is within 300 feet below, or is above the current altitude: RED

If the terrain is between 1,000 feet below and 300 feet below the current altitude: YELLOW

If the terrain is more than 1,000 feet below the current altitude: TRANSPARENT

Cheers,
Mike

#10 2012-Mar-19 6:34 pm

bkspero

Thanks.  That's what I was looking for.  Barry

#11 2012-Mar-28 5:32 pm

rotrhead

How long does the weather stay on the map after disconnect from wifi ?

#12 2012-Apr-19 7:43 am

Triarius

I really like the "invert approach plate colors" feature, but it is only useable in night mode.  Is it possible to make this option independent of night mode?  It would be much better on AMOLED devices like mine.

#13 2012-Apr-19 9:13 am

Triarius

I'd like to also add that a black background option for the base map would also be really nice.

Board footer