Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2011-Dec-10 2:47 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 1.1.6

Naviator 1.1.6 is now available in the Android Market. Edit: A newer version is now available here.

Update 12/22/2011: This post has been updated to version 1.1.6e. Support for Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) devices has been added.

Changes in this version include:

• METARs from over 4,000 weather stations around the world are now displayed on the map. The METARs are displayed using a color-coded "flag" that indicates the observed ceiling and visibility. See below for more details.

• AIRMET/SIGMET map overlays.

• New configuration options for METAR and TFR update frequency are available in the Preferences screen.

• Pinch-zoom on the map screen. Also new is a "double-tap to zoom" feature.

• Auto-update of TFRs. The TFR database is now automatically updated every 15 minutes, as long as an internet connection is available. This feature can be enabled or disabled from the "Preferences" screen.

• Added an "expand to fullscreen" button to the approach plate viewer when in split-screen mode.

• Various bug fixes

METARs are symbolically displayed on the map screen using a color-coded square split diagonally down the middle. The upper part of the square indicates the observed ceiling and the lower part indicates the observed visibility. Refer to the legend below for specific color values:

metar_legend.png

As always, your feedback is welcomed and appreciated!

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2011-Dec-11 5:17 pm

bkspero

Re: Naviator 1.1.6

Mike, on my gTablet running Android 2.2 I can't clear the update icon from the notification bar after the automatic TFR update in 1.1.6 (release version).  Installed the new version on top of 1.1.5a.

Is this the intended behavior?

Barry

#3 2011-Dec-12 5:25 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Barry,

Yes, that is the intended behavior. The notification displays the time of the last update, and the intent is to have that always available for reference. When you exit the app the notification is cleared.

Cheers,
Mike

#4 2011-Dec-13 7:47 pm

bkspero

Ok, thanks.  Barry

#5 2011-Dec-15 5:17 am

jensscott

Just did an update on both HTC EVO3d and HTC flyer. Both of them never finished (frozen then force close) I rebooted each. Now naviator never gets past "loading"

I tried uninstalling on the flyer and reinstalling but no change.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jens

#6 2011-Dec-15 10:51 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Jens,

Please try using a file manager app to delete the directory /sdcard/android/data/com.onetwentythree.skynav2

Thanks,
Mike

#7 2011-Dec-15 1:16 pm

lyndonchappell

Hi Mike,

I just got a Filemate Identity 7" (Android 2.2) (Walmart.com). The Naviator software runs fine , but all of the downloaded files are being stored on the internal memory. I run out of space before getting all needed charts. I have a 16gb sd card and the tablet recognizes the sd card under the settings menu, but no charts get stored there. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Lyndon Chappell

#8 2011-Dec-20 10:19 am

lyndonchappell

I haven't heard from anyone on this post. Any ideas? The directory path on my Identity Tab is \sdcard\sd. I think this may be the root cause of why nothing goes to the 16gb card I have installed in the slot and mounted. The settings shows the sd card and the proper amount of storage available. I have manually moved files from the internal flash storage (\sdcard) to the external sd (\sdcard\sd) using the move command, but this is a slow process that I would rather avoid if possible.

Lyndon

#9 2011-Dec-20 12:08 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Lyndon,

Currently Naviator stores files to the "external storage" directory. The exact location of that directory is determined by the Android system of the specific device you are using. On some devices, such as the one you are using, the external storage points to internal memory even though you may have inserted an SD card.

It's not currently possible to select a different location, but I will try to add this feature to a future version.

Cheers,
Mike

#10 2011-Dec-20 2:40 pm

johnmalcolm

Mike,
I have been plagued trying to download navdata.  It goes almost to the end and shows an error message, but I could not read it in time.  This time I hovered over the screen shot buttion and got an image.
  It was
"Error downloading /db/navdata 20111215.db    Content has been consumed"
It is a Galaxy tab 10.1 running Android 2.3 w/32g.  Storage shows 24.74 GB Available.   
Save me...
John

#11 2011-Dec-20 3:23 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to post the error message. It makes my life much easier!

I have just released an update to the Android Market, version 1.1.6c. If you have not tried this version yet, can you please try it and let me know whether or not you still run into this issue?

Cheers,
Mike

#12 2011-Dec-21 6:30 am

johnmalcolm

Thanks Mike,
I'll download it now....
John

#13 2011-Dec-21 6:42 am

johnmalcolm

Mike,
The program updated in a flash... It said it was 6.1.1b???
Then I made another try downloading the db and it loaded noticeably faster AND without any errors.

Now I'll start the learning curve.

Thanks,
John

#14 2011-Dec-23 4:51 pm

lyndonchappell

Thanks Mike.

I used Naviator on a trip from Atlanta Ga to Barbados to Bermuda. The app ran fine the whole way. Of course, I only had charts for the US, but the low detail maps were good enough for situational awareness and most of the waypoints I needed were in the DB. I look forward to using Naviator on my next trip in January!

Lyndon

#15 2012-Jan-11 11:03 am

mitra88

I am not sure if this problem is just for me, or if others are also experiencing it.

Whenever I try to pinch to zoom, it tries to zoom, then bounce back to opposite. For example, when I try to zoom in, it tries to zoom in a little bit, then bounce back to zoom out???!!! Because of this, I am currently unable to do the pinch-to-zoom.

I am using the Galaxy Nexus with ICS.

Board footer