Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2012-Jan-06 6:05 pm

jsnow

another update problem

I can't seem to update my charts on my Galaxy 10.1, I've tired the items on the other posts here including uninstalling the files. all I get is a continual "Please wait while the updates are downloaded..." this has been going on for better part of a week so I have tried at different times and I don't believe the servers are always busy. I had planned on flying tomorrow but no charts or maps now. Ideas?

#2 2012-Jan-06 6:43 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: another update problem

Hi jsnow,

When you see the "Please wait while the updates are downloaded" text, do you also see a progress bar? If yes, does it show any progress or does the update appear to be stalled?

Thanks,
Mike

#3 2012-Jan-06 6:48 pm

jsnow

Progress bar never starts, it has worked fine all along but just not this last week or so. tried turning off the tablet and back on. and this is using 3 different locations wireless connects. (Home, work, & @ sons)

#4 2012-Jan-06 7:14 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Can you tell me what version of Naviator you are using? The version number is listed on the bottom of the Preferences screen.

Thanks,
Mike

#5 2012-Jan-06 7:15 pm

jsnow

sorry thought I put that in, 1.1.6e

#6 2012-Jan-06 7:45 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

I've put a new version at this link. If you could please install it and let me know whether or not it works that would be great. If you need help installing it just let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

#7 2012-Jan-06 7:58 pm

jsnow

Now on ver d  same issue been on download 10 minutes haven't even started the bar, just says please wair

#8 2012-Jan-06 8:32 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

I'm kind of stumped with this one to be honest. I don't see any errors in the error logs and I'm not sure why the downloads would suddenly stop working out of the blue like that.

Have you tried downloading one file at a time?

If you haven't already tried this, use a file manager app to delete the directory /sdcard/android/data/com.onetwentythree.skynav2

I'm going to email you a link to one of the chart files. Please try opening the link on your tablet and see if you are able to download it using the regular web browser.

Thanks,
Mike

#9 2012-Jan-06 8:39 pm

jsnow

yes, have tried 1 at a time TFR will download but that is it. Only trying for a few not all of US.
I'll try deleting directory and let you know.

#10 2012-Jan-07 2:22 pm

jsnow

I want to thank you for your great support. I work in the IT field and don't get this type of fast response and followup from vendors we pay a service fee to. THe last think we decided to try was to uninstall the entire program and re-install. But from the settings and manage applications I found something to try that worked. posting the steps here for future use.

I went to:
* Settings
*Applications
   - Manage applications
   - Selected “Naviator”
   - Before trying a complete uninstall try;
      - “Clear cache”
      - “Clear data”
   - Then “Force stop”

Then went go back to the program  and try the update, it took only seconds and now all says I’m up to date.

I thought you’d want to know and I’m going to copy this into the forum in case anyone else with a galaxy or similar android device has the same issue

#11 2012-Jan-09 3:32 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

That's good news jsnow. Thanks for updating everyone, that is some useful information.

Cheers,
Mike

Board footer