Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2013-Dec-09 7:57 am

rotrhead

ATC and Flight Service Freqs ?

Hoping you will be adding the nearest ATC and Flight Service Freqs  to the Nearest Page.

Also, when showing the FSS Freq it would be nice to present it like -> SELECT name || ' FSS in the area of '|| area || ' : ' || freq

This shows what your radio call to FSS should sound like since the AREA is part of the Freq downloads from the FAA.
Like "Columbia Flight Service in the area of Downtown on 122.40" this is .........

While your at it, the closest AWOS is also nice to have if presented with the distance and direction

Thanks
Paul

Last edited by rotrhead (2013-Dec-11 8:47 am)

#2 2013-Dec-17 7:05 am

rotrhead

Re: ATC and Flight Service Freqs ?

Any thoughts on this Mike ?

#3 2013-Dec-17 10:28 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Paul, adding these additional frequencies to the nav database is on the shortlist of features for inclusion in the app.

Cheers,
Mike

#4 2014-Aug-27 9:11 am

rotrhead

Anything ?
Been quite a while for a short list item........

#5 2014-Sep-01 9:20 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Apologies, rotrhead. It has taken longer than expected but I do still plan to add these features to the app. I'll try my best to add them as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Mike

#6 2014-Nov-10 11:47 am

rotrhead

Still waiting---This should have been one of the BASICS for the software....long before 3D synthetics.

Just thought the other day, I haven't seen any software out there that shows nearest approaches ( ie select checkbox of ILS VOR or others and show in the NEAREST Lists) This would be a great addition - AFTER the nearest ATC and Flight Service Freqs have been done.

Thanks
Paul

#7 2014-Nov-10 12:26 pm

jimgfitzgerald

As users/customers, I think we can say what we would like to see.  As developer, it's up to Mike to prioritize and decide what enhancements to make and when.

#8 2014-Nov-10 12:26 pm

aelliott

I very much agree with Paul (rotrhead).  It's hard for me to imagine any realistic non-emergency scenario in which synthetic vision on a tablet would be useful.  What are people using it for? (I sure hope VFR pilots aren't using this to fly low level in the mountains at night or in IMC!) 

But things like being able to easily find the local ATC and/or Flight Service frequency, or the closest automated weather broadcast do have daily utility.

Last edited by aelliott (2014-Nov-10 12:27 pm)

Andy Elliott
Huawei M3, A7, Naviator 3.9.1, echoUAT

#9 2014-Nov-10 4:27 pm

sddiver

While you wait for your request to be implemented, why don't you download the AOPA FlyQ app? I consider it a must-have in my electronic flight bag. It has what you're asking and so much more.

#10 2016-Jan-11 11:34 am

rotrhead

Mike,

Anything on the nearest ATC freq's ?

I still have a Garmin 295 that is 13 years old in the cockpit I would like to get rid of BUT IT has this capability !

Paul

#11 2016-Jan-15 7:50 am

rotrhead

Got nothing for us ? This has been a long time request.

Paul

#12 2016-Jan-15 11:36 am

rash

I agree that this would be a valuable feature, but one thing I do when looking for an atc freq is just pull up an approach chart for a nearby airport...

Board footer