Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2013-Nov-22 12:31 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 2.0.3

Naviator version 2.0.3 has been released to the Play Store. Edit: A newer version is now available here.

New in this version:

• A completely overhauled mapping engine designed to be much smoother and more stable than previous versions.
• Integration with the Lockheed Martin AFSS online portal. Now you can file flight plans directly with Lockheed Martin without having to use DUATS. For more details about this feature click here.
• Improved pinch-zooming.
• The Map Screen is now the first screen to load when you start the app. The main menu can be accessed by tapping the Naviator icon in the top-left corner of the screen, or by swiping from left-to-right from the left edge of the screen.
• Improved ADS-B stability.
• Added a global filter setting for airports. This will affect the display of airports on the Map Screen as well as using the search function and the Nearest Waypoints screen.
Note: Due to the limited airport data available, this feature will most likely not be very useful to customers located outside the USA.
• Added a runway extension option to the Active Route context menu (long-tap a waypoint on the Active Route screen).
• Runway extensions can now be active for multiple airports simultaneously.
• Runway extensions are now saved even when you exit the app.
• Added a new and much easier way of connecting Naviator to Microsoft Flight Simulator using the SimConnect API. For details about this feature click here.
• Added a "Stop Watch" field type for the four corners of the Map Screen. Tap the field to start or stop the timer.
• The Naviator icon in the top-left corner of the app will now return the user to the Map Screen when tapped.
• Added the "GPABP" sentence to the NMEA output. This should help resolve issues with connecting to some autopilot systems.

Edit: Uploaded version 2.0.3 to fix an issue with duplicate menu options on some devices.

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2013-Nov-22 8:29 pm

slodders

Re: Naviator 2.0.3

This isn’t exactly related to release 2.0, but I hope 2.0 will fix this.

My Google Nexus 7 was just updated to Android version 4.4 (Kitkat?), and it has had a minor effect on Naviator 1.8.3.

As y’all know, Naviator displays flight information on the 4 corners of the display. I configured my display with Speed in the upper left corner, ALT in the upper right corner, Dist Next in the lower left corner and ETE on the lower right corner.

The upper indicators display properly, i.e., white letters over a black background.

However, the white and black are decoupled on the bottom two displays, i.e., I can see “Dist Next” and “ETE” as black characters, and then repeated as white characters slightly before (not on top of) the black characters.

I stopped and restarted Naviator, and even re-booted the tablet (yes, I used to be in IT support), but the problem persists.

The problem also persists if I change the selected chart, or reconfigure what is displayed on the two lower corners.

I am hoping that release 2.0 might fix this, but alas I can’t download 2.0 yet...  :-(

#3 2013-Nov-22 10:08 pm

kcederquist

Weird, I upgraded my Nexus 7 to 4.4 today, and just noticed it is doing the same thing as slodders's with the shadow being way out of sync of the two customizable nav items at the bottom. I upgraded to 2.0 and it didn't fix the problem. Not detrimental to use, but annoying non the less. Wonder if it's a nexus 7 thing, or a 4.4 thing.

Last edited by kcederquist (2013-Nov-22 10:10 pm)

#4 2013-Nov-23 7:55 am

flyzone

I have the same problem.

#5 2013-Nov-23 9:20 am

slodders

By the way, split screen doesn’t resolve the problem either.

I was thinking that maybe this problem only happens on, say, the bottom 25% of the tablet’s screen, but if I use split screen and make the HSI take up the bottom 75% of the screen, the two nav items, which are now in the top 25% of the Nexus’ display screen, still have the white letter and black background decoupled.

This is a weird one, and begs the rhetorical question: who needs this Kitkat release? One of its claimed benefits was “improved performance”, but I’m not seeing that at all…if anything, just the opposite, although I can’t quantify that.

By the way, I still can’t download 2.0 from Google Play…how did you get it?

#6 2013-Nov-23 10:32 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

I've figured out what's causing this bug and I'll release an update to the Play Store later today. It seems to be limited to KitKat from what I can tell.

Cheers,
Mike

#7 2013-Nov-23 10:40 am

slodders

Incredible response time, to even minor cosmetic issues!

Hopefully the update will be implemented on 2.0....thus giving me a backdoor way of getting 2.0 (2.0 is still not available to me)  :-)

Thanks!

Dave

#8 2013-Nov-23 11:31 am

jimgfitzgerald

Mike is the man.  Most responsive developer ever.

#9 2013-Nov-23 2:04 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Version 2.0.2 is in the Play Store now. Same deal as above, it will gradually be rolled out to everyone over the next two days.

Cheers,
Mike

#10 2013-Nov-29 7:27 am

mr.jadkowski

I want to let you know that my problems with Naviator on my older tablet have been fixed with the new update.  I'm using a Galaxy Tab 8.9 and while it has just enough to handle the app, it was crashing about every 30 minutes in flight.  Not enough to keep me from using it, but just enough to get on my nerves.  I updated to 2.0.3 yesterday and tested it while driving for three hours in the car with my XGPS170; not a single hiccup.  It seems to zoom and pan smoother as well; good work!

#11 2013-Nov-30 1:09 pm

jimgfitzgerald

Flew 1.7 hours today with no issues using Nexus 7 and Dual XGPS170 ADS-B.

Board footer