Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2013-Nov-22 12:29 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Lockheed Martin AFSS Integration

Naviator versions 2.0 and up feature integration with Lockheed Martin's online AFSS portal. Below is some important information about this new capability:

This new feature enables you to file flight plans directly with Lockheed Martin. Some benefits of this include no middleman - your flight plans go directly to Lockheed Martin Flight Services, the people who answer 1-800-WXBRIEF and inflight radios. A briefer can pull up your filed flight plans instantly. There will also be no more "lost" flight plans. This occasionally appears to happen because VFR flight plans are not sent from DUAT or DUATS to Flight Services until 1 hour before departure, and IFRs are never sent. Note that the briefer will also have your full flight plan including the route field (not the case with other service providers). You can also opt-in to Lockheed's Adverse Condition Alerting Service (ACAS). The ACAS provides you with text or email alerts for adverse conditions that arise after you obtain your briefing, specific to your filed flight plans.

• Naviator currently supports file/amend/cancel/activate/close for domestic VFR and IFR flight plans (Weather briefings and ICAO filing will be added in a future update).
• To use this feature you need to create an account with Lockheed's AFSS Pilot Web Portal (https://lmfsweb.afss.com/Website/). Accounts are free and can be linked to your flight services telephone profile if you have one (e.g., favorite flight plans, aircraft, pilot info).
• You must authorize Naviator as a service provider for your account. Go to Account --> Profile & Preferences --> Service Provider and make sure Naviator is enabled.
• After you file you can log into Pilot Web and see it instantaneously. Conversely, if you file a flight plan using the web site you'll be able to see it in the Naviator app.
•  If you have ACAS alerts turned on, you should get an email or text (your choice) whenever a new adverse condition pops up or an existing one changes.
• If you file IFR, the Flight Plan will get sent to ATC 3 hours before ETD (or immediately if filed within 3 hours of ETD) and the pilot will receive a confirmation email when the flight plan is accepted by ATC. Because ATC takes ownership of IFR flight plans, they are removed from Lockheed's system at 30 minutes before ETD.

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2015-Apr-28 6:24 am

rollawade

Re: Lockheed Martin AFSS Integration

Is AFSS weather briefing to be available soon?  If not, can screen be altered to quit saying "file and brief" and say "file" so to not confuse?

#3 2016-Nov-02 7:25 am

gwalborn

Still no progress on AFSS briefing? What's the best way to get a briefing through Naviator with AFSS briefing not operational?  Also, when do you expect Naviator to support ICAO format flight plans?  I know that the FAA extended the ICAO deadline, but sooner or later this will have to be integrated.

Gary Walborn

#4 2016-Nov-02 12:05 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

AFSS briefing integration is still on the "to do" list, as is support for ICAO flight plans. In the meantime, a weather briefing can be obtained via the DUATS integration.

Cheers,
Mike

#5 2017-Feb-28 10:42 am

Luscombe

Hey Mike, I'm trying to file a flight plan via AFSS, for some reason it is telling me that my aircraft ID is invalid, could you tell me what i am doing wrong?

#6 2017-Feb-28 11:02 am

Luscombe

Apparently, if I use the "cookies" it will not take, I actually have to physically type the answers into the fields and it seems to take. Another question, Do you suspect the briefing side of the flight plan will be available or not? Thanks again!

Board footer