Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2011-Apr-18 10:31 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

User Manual

A PDF version of the user manual can be found at the following location:

http://www.naviatorapp.com/help/naviatorusermanual.pdf (right-click and choose "Save link as")

Cheers,
The Naviator Team

#2 2011-Nov-12 8:08 am

nwflyer

Re: User Manual

I've been unable to download the pdf.  I get a timed out message and my connection shows no activity right after the link is established.

#3 2011-Nov-12 9:28 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi nwflyer,

Our web sites have been a little unreliable for the past 12 hours or so because of a problem at the data center where they are located. The problem should be mostly fixed by now though, so if you try again it should work (I just tried and was able to download the file successfully).

Cheers,
Mike

#4 2011-Nov-12 4:08 pm

nwflyer

Thanks Mike,

The link worked just now.

John

#5 2013-Feb-09 11:51 am

gary_123

I m totally new to all this. I don't wish to own Apple products (I use Ubuntu 12.04 for example), and use an old Garmin 95xl BTW for my VFR flying.
What Android device is recommended for this Android software, or refer me to a link explaing this. Please explain basically the GPS , if one needs to buy an external GPS (recommend type please), as well as the potential to use a built in GPS in  a Android tablet. Which Tablets with GPS's are recommended and thank you.

#6 2013-Feb-09 12:49 pm

jimgfitzgerald

The Nexus 7 is a good option.  I have one and also have an Asus TF700.  The Nexus 7 seems to be just about the perfect size.  It works with it's built in GPS, but I also have a Dual XGPS150A that is very accurate and works very well.

Last edited by jimgfitzgerald (2013-Feb-21 11:50 am)

#7 2013-Feb-21 11:16 am

AngelAndres

Oooh, I have the Asus TF101 Transformer and it has been excellent for Naviator. 

Its battery life is well over 6 hours at a fully bright screen and since you don't use it every second of the flight, when the screen goes blank its battery life boosts to over a week.  It fits on my knee very well.  I really like it. 

Of course, its built in GPS is fine, but in some airplanes (particularly high wings) it can lose the signal intermittently, which is why I recommend getting the external GPS receiver that jimgfitzgerald recommended (the Dual XGPS150A).

Board footer