Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2012-Dec-03 9:37 am

Phil

Download data

Can someone point me to the download button?  I can find "Get Data", I click United States", then I click " FAA Terninal Procedures", but all I see is a check box by "FAA Terminal Procedures and no way to select an individual state.  I only need 4 states.  Secondly, I don't see a "download button" or "get data now" button or anything that tells me I have downloaded the request.  Help!
Thanks in advance,
Phil

#2 2012-Dec-03 9:52 am

Phil

Re: Download data

I forgot to mention I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note (phone).  Also, I somehow downloaded two IFR Low Altitude Enroute Charts but the other 3 I requested are not there?  No clue what to do about that.  And, I can only get back to a live map by hitting the back button several times depending on how deep I am in the menus.  Is there a menu tray that I can set up that always stays on at the bottom of the screen like other map apps so that you can always "one button push" back to your live map?
Thanks again,
Phil

#3 2012-Dec-03 10:11 am

jimgfitzgerald

After you put a check by the charts you want to download, back out and they will download.

#4 2012-Dec-03 10:45 am

Phil

Thanks Jim, I will try again even though I had check marks and backed out.  Maybe I lost Wifi for a second or two in the middle of the download.  But approach plates, where do you find just the individual states?

#5 2012-Dec-03 12:07 pm

Phil

Never mind Jim, somehow the states just showed up under Approach Plates but they weren't there last night or this morning. I'm stumped.  I will fly VFR tomorrow and do a dry run with the approaches and charts.  I don't want to head out in solid IFR without knowing the stability of the app.

#6 2012-Dec-03 1:17 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Phil,

The approach charts are always available by tapping Fly --> Approach Plates or by tapping an airport on the map, selecting "More Details" and then tapping the "PRO" tab on the airport details screen.

If you have any questions or concerns about the app you can always email me. There is also a user guide available here which might answer some of your questions: http://www.naviatorapp.com/help/naviatorusermanual.pdf

Cheers,
Mike

#7 2012-Dec-03 8:00 pm

jimgfitzgerald

Don't forget, this is not approved for IFR flying.  You still need your plates and charts.

#8 2012-Dec-03 10:03 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

That's not entirely true. You are allowed to replace your paper charts with Naviator under Part 91 rules, however it is prudent to always have a backup available whether paper or electronic.

Cheers,
Mike

#9 2012-Dec-04 9:52 am

capflyer

Actually, there is no regulation that requires a private pilot to carry any charts.  Not a great idea though.

#10 2013-Jan-12 1:25 am

AngelAndres

My data reportedly just updated today, however, my plates are still showing the Dec to Jan 10, 2013 versions. Do I need to do something to get the latest revisions?

#11 2013-Jan-12 8:52 am

jimgfitzgerald

You can click "Get Data" then "United States" then "FAA Terminal Procedures."  Make sure there is a check mark there, then back out to main page and you see it check for updates and start download.

#12 2013-Jan-12 3:33 pm

JWR618

For the plates, I thought you had to go to "Fly" then "Approach Plates"?

#13 2013-Jan-12 6:43 pm

jimgfitzgerald

No, you don't.

#14 2013-Jan-12 9:49 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

AngelAndres wrote:

My data reportedly just updated today, however, my plates are still showing the Dec to Jan 10, 2013 versions. Do I need to do something to get the latest revisions?

You may need to reboot your tablet for the new database to kick in.

JWR618 wrote:

For the plates, I thought you had to go to "Fly" then "Approach Plates"?

Jim is referring to how to set up the approach plates for automatic updates. The Fly --> Approach Plates is used to manually download and view the approach plates.

Board footer