Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.0 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2012-Oct-30 2:49 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 1.3.4

Naviator version 1.3.4 is now available in Google Play. Edit: A newer version is now available here.

Changes in this version include:

• Added a track log to the Map screen (also known as "breadcrumbs").

• New "launcher shortcuts" enable you to create shortcuts directly to the Map screen or the Quick Plan screen. This feature is accessible from the Preferences screen.

• METARs and TFRs are now saved for offline viewing.

• Various bug fixes

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2012-Oct-30 7:02 pm

rotrhead

Re: Naviator 1.3.4

Where do you turn on and off or clear the track log ?

Never mind, found it under layers option.

Last edited by rotrhead (2012-Oct-30 7:22 pm)

#3 2012-Oct-30 7:22 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

On the Map screen, tap the "Layers" button. You can enable or disable the track log here, as well as clear it.

-Mike

#4 2012-Oct-31 2:47 am

reddn

any way to add an option for the few SFRA  people in dc  to  file 'ifr'  but put 'vfr/015' ( or similar)  in the attitude box.   it is required to file it this way.

#5 2012-Oct-31 3:34 am

capflyer

reddn wrote:

any way to add an option for the few SFRA  people in dc  to  file 'ifr'  but put 'vfr/015' ( or similar)  in the attitude box.   it is required to file it this way.

I fly out of GAI in the SFRA and file my SFRA flight plans through Naviator on every flight.  File as IFR, use the gate such as "Wooly" as either the "Depart From" or "Destination, and in the remarks put "SFRA DUATS".  No need to put VFR/XXX in the altitude, just put in the altitude you want such as "2800".  They know you are VFR since you are filing an SFRA flight plan.  What's really nice about filing this way instead of calling FSS is that you get an email confirmation back.

P.S.  PCT doesn't care what altitude you fly at or if you fly at the altitude you filed with.  They only care where you are and where you are going.  That straight from their mouths when I asked them on an Operation Raincheck tour of Potomac Tracon.  Heck, they don't even care if you fly formation or do acro in the SFRA as long as you are squawking and don't bust Bravo.

Last edited by capflyer (2012-Oct-31 3:50 am)

#6 2012-Oct-31 8:08 am

capflyer

Mike, any chance you could do a shortcut for the flight plan filing screen?

#7 2012-Oct-31 8:47 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

capflyer wrote:

Mike, any chance you could do a shortcut for the flight plan filing screen?

Sure, I'll add this to the next release.

-Mike

#8 2012-Nov-03 3:59 am

capflyer

Thank you for the breadcrumb feature.  A couple days ago I flew a Hurricane Sandy disaster assessment mission for CAP.  On the debrief after the flight I was easily able to show them exactly where I had been.  Didn't realize how useful it was until that point.  Not a need that most would use it for but certainly helpful for us.

#9 2012-Nov-03 10:48 am

blackbird

Hi Mike,

I am wondering if a CAP gridded overlay is a possible addition to the app?

Best,
Blackbird

#10 2012-Nov-11 7:01 pm

kevin182
Website

The breadcrumbs feature is cool. But I noticed that when I looked at a flight that I did yesterday, that the breadcrumbs track was consistently north (on a west to northeast track) of my gps flight line that I followed during the entire flight. It looks to be about 3-5 miles off.

#11 2012-Nov-12 1:21 am

snoboy

kevin182 wrote:

The breadcrumbs feature is cool. But I noticed that when I looked at a flight that I did yesterday, that the breadcrumbs track was consistently north (on a west to northeast track) of my gps flight line that I followed during the entire flight. It looks to be about 3-5 miles off.

The GPS flight line from the airplanes GPS?  To me it sounds like a problem with the tablet's GPS

#12 2012-Nov-13 10:19 am

cbinzel

kevin182 wrote:

Have you zoomed in closely ?   Sometimes tracks appear off when zoomed out.
3-5 miles sounds way out of any specs.
Even is the Lat/Log numbers got truncated, this would have to be a lot of error.

#13 2012-Nov-13 4:37 pm

DrBill
Website

I'm having trouble CLEARING the tracks.. They clear the tracks for that session, but when I get out of Naviator and then get back in  (mins or days later) all the tracks are back.  I now have several days worth of tracks on the map. Pretty cool how the tracks overlap when I'm practicing approaches...
Am I missing something after I selecte YES to Are you sure you want to erase your tracks ?
Thanks ..
BTW.. I'm flying a LOT this month, 11 hr so far and 4 more tomorrow.  All with Naviator as my EFB.
Great Job Mike.
BILL

#14 2012-Nov-14 10:24 am

fatter36

Like DrBill - i cant seem to permanently erase the tracks.  they keep coming back when the app is relaunched.  i ended up just turning off the "track" feature - however i would like it to be there, as it is fun to go back and look at the flight later.  thanks.

#15 2012-Nov-14 7:21 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

In the current version it will always re-initialize the track log with your previous flights when you first start the app. This will be changing in the next version: the track log will only include your current flight, and each previously recorded flight will have a new option to "show on map", along with the existing "export to gpx", etc.

-Mike

#16 2012-Nov-19 8:39 pm

m.norden

Thanks for this outstanding app. I am new to the scene. I have started with the Samsung tab 2 10.1.I have problems  with downloaded weather.after switches off the WiFe no weather is available.

Board footer