Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2011-Nov-07 10:36 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 1.1.6 Release Candidate 2

Naviator 1.1.6 release candidate 2 is available for download. Edit: A newer version is now available here.

If you have installed release candidate 1 please uninstall it before installing this version, otherwise the app will force close.

IMPORTANT: This is a release candidate and as such may still contain some bugs. Use this software at your own risk.

Changes in this version include:

• METARs from over 4,000 weather stations around the world are now displayed on the map. The METARs are displayed using a color-coded "flag" that indicates the observed ceiling and visibility. See below for more details.

• New configuration options for METAR and TFR update frequency are available in the Preferences screen.

• Various bug fixes

METARs are symbolically displayed on the map screen using a color-coded square split diagonally down the middle. The upper part of the square indicates the observed ceiling and the lower part indicates the observed visibility. Refer to the legend below for specific color values:

metar_legend.png

As always, your feedback is welcomed and appreciated!

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2011-Nov-08 5:22 pm

rotrhead

Re: Naviator 1.1.6 Release Candidate 2

Just installed candidate 2 and get foreclosure everytime after accepting terms.

Any ideas
Paul

#3 2011-Nov-08 5:32 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi rotrhead,

Did you previously have RC1 installed? If yes, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall RC2. There is an incompatibility between RC1 and RC2 that is causing the force close to happen.

Thanks,
Mike

#4 2011-Nov-08 6:11 pm

rotrhead

Sorry, missed that, thanks

Wow, love the new weather data. I to,  think it should not be removed after thirty minutes. I routinely fly much longer than that and would like this data to remain for reference.

Thanks
Paul

#5 2011-Nov-08 6:54 pm

jmmurf

I like the new weather. The approach plate bug is gone. I'd like to be able to see the plate choices in the bottom split screen while viewing them on the upper screen. Was trying to find a departure procedure and spent a lot of time pushing buttons. Maybe make it so that when you press the name of the plate it displays at the top while keeping the choices at the bottom. Then when you find what your looking for check the  box to load it in the TPP.
Thanks
Jim

#6 2011-Nov-12 4:46 am

rotrhead

Mike,

It looks to me like the map redraw has slowed down quite a bit in this version.

Even with the metar layer off, when scrolling around the map, it appears to take quite
a bit longer to fill in the screen than it used to.

Any ideas ?

ThanksPaul

#7 2011-Nov-12 9:32 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Paul,

The map drawing code has been changed a lot from version 1.1.5 because of some new features coming down the pipe. I'm still working on optimizing the new code and I'll try my best to make the drawing faster in the next release.

Cheers,
Mike

#8 2011-Nov-16 5:14 pm

rotrhead

Mike,

I have noticed since the pinch and zoom has been added that sometimes while pinching and zooming the motion event also gets picked up as a click event and pops up a window of an airport in the area or the list of items close by.

I was just reading something last night about " return true to stop event propagation. "

Make any sense ?
Thanks
Paul

Edited 11/21
Any idea on this ?

Last edited by rotrhead (2011-Nov-21 8:48 pm)

#9 2011-Nov-20 11:06 am

rotrhead

Playing today and came across a time when the menu buttons across the top left included "XM"

I know thats not out yet, just hoping you will also include ADSB Support

Paul

#10 2011-Nov-21 11:53 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Nice catch, Paul. That code was supposed to be hidden away, but I guess I didn't hide it well enough!

I do plan to add ADS-B support to a future version. XM weather is simply much, much easier to integrate with Naviator so it makes sense for us to start there.

Cheers,
Mike

Board footer