Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2011-Oct-29 6:27 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 1.1.6 Release Candidate 1

Naviator 1.1.6 release candidate 1 is available for download. Edit: A newer version is now available here.

IMPORTANT: This is a release candidate and as such may still contain some bugs. Use this software at your own risk.

Changes in this version include:

• Pinch-zoom on the map screen (finally!!!). Thank you everyone for your patience on this one. I know a lot of you have been waiting for it. Also new is a "double-tap to zoom" feature.

• Auto-update of TFRs. The TFR database is now automatically updated every 5 minutes, as long as an internet connection is available. This feature can be enabled or disabled from the "Preferences" screen.
    Note: It is very important to exit the application using the "BACK" button when you are finished with it, otherwise Naviator will keep running in the background and you may incur large data usage as a result.

• Added an "expand to fullscreen" button to the approach plate viewer when in split-screen mode.

• Made the "auto-follow" and "TPP" buttons on the map screen non-transparent. In previous versions they were semi-transparent and difficult to see (applies to Android 3.0+ devices only).

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2011-Nov-01 10:43 am

GregW

Re: Naviator 1.1.6 Release Candidate 1

What is the preferred method of a new release install?  Can we go back if we find bugs?  Do we just "install" over whatever is there, or do we have to uninstall first?  Thanks.  GregW

Last edited by GregW (2011-Nov-01 10:58 am)

#3 2011-Nov-01 6:39 pm

rotrhead

Where does it download too, and how do I get it installed?

#4 2011-Nov-01 6:56 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

GregW, you can certainly go back if you find bugs. To go back simply uninstall this version and then re-install the previous version from the Market.

To install this version you will need to transfer the APK file to your SD card and then use a file manager to open the file.

For more detailed instructions, see this link.

Cheers,
Mike

#5 2011-Nov-02 4:52 am

GregW

I don't have an external SD card....   just the one built in.  Is that what you are referring to, or should it be external?  Also, do you think I should install it on my rooted one or the standard OS (my other one that is unrooted).  Also, what folder do I put it in on the SD card, or does it matter?

#6 2011-Nov-02 5:28 am

GregW

Do I have to uninstall the 1.5 before installing the beta 1.6 or can I install right over the top of the 1.5?

#7 2011-Nov-02 9:51 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Greg,

Yes, you can use the built in sd card. It doesn't matter what folder you put it in either, as long as you can find it later using a file manager app.

You don't need to uninstall 1.5. You can just install the new version on top of it.

Cheers,
Mike

#8 2011-Nov-05 9:52 pm

Skyhog

Found a repeatable bug.

On Transformer eeePad, tapping KINT on sectional, then more details, then pro, then an approach plate, then expanding the plate to full screen, then rotating screen from landscape to portrait, then pressing back causes a force close every time.

That help?

#9 2011-Nov-05 10:20 pm

Hose.A

Installed 1.1.6 tonight.  Looks great, and so far, so good.  Plan to take it out tomorrow and fly around a bit and give it the acid test.  My bet is that you've got a winner.

Chow,

Joe

#10 2011-Nov-06 9:50 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Skyhog wrote:

Found a repeatable bug.

On Transformer eeePad, tapping KINT on sectional, then more details, then pro, then an approach plate, then expanding the plate to full screen, then rotating screen from landscape to portrait, then pressing back causes a force close every time.

That help?

Yes, it does help. I'll get this fixed.

Thanks,
Mike

#11 2011-Nov-07 7:25 pm

jmmurf

I had the same issue as skyhog. I really like being able to tap once to get the full screen plate. Much better.

Board footer