Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2011-Oct-04 10:23 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 1.1.4

Naviator 1.1.4 is now available for download. Edit: A newer version is now available here.

New features/bug fixes in this version:

• Fixed a bug where the "Get Data" screen was crashing on non-Honeycomb tablets.

• Added a split-screen view to the map screen (tablets only).

• Added a "scratch pad" feature

Those of you using tablets will notice a big change with this release: the main map screen now features "split-screen" functionality. I am excited about the possibilities this new user interface creates in terms of improving access to the large amounts of data within the app. In this release, it is now possible to view the detailed information for airports and navaids without leaving the map screen. There is also a new feature called the "scratch pad" that enables you to write notes with your finger or capacitive stylus if you have one. This could be useful for copying clearances or frequencies, or even playing a game of tic-tac-toe while you wait in line for takeoff (kidding!).

The split-screen in version 1.1.4 is just the start – Our focus in the near-term is on improving the user interface and usability of Naviator, and there are a number of features in the works that will be designed specifically to take advantage of the new split-screen feature. As always, your feedback is both welcomed and appreciated.

Tip: Drag the gray separator left or right to resize the split-screen frames.

Detailed information for KBFI
Detailed information for KBFI

Scratch Pad
Scratch Pad

X wins!
X wins!

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2011-Oct-04 1:23 pm

exfed2002

Re: Naviator 1.1.4

Works perfectly now!

Gone is the crash when trying to download charts!

#3 2011-Oct-04 2:55 pm

capflyer

Love the split screen flight plan and scratch pad.  Just one teeny request, being able to do the split screen top/bottom for us guys that need to use our tiny 7" tablets in portrait mode.

#4 2011-Oct-04 6:16 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi capflyer,

That is a good suggestion. I'll add it to my "to do" list!

Cheers,
Mike

#5 2011-Oct-05 5:30 am

bkspero

Excellent additions for tablets.  One issue, so far.  Will notdownload TFR updates.  Download process begins but no progress in the bar.  Have rebooted.  Cleared cache.  No help.  Both on DroidX via normal market update and gTabtablet downloaded from your website.

Hate to uninstall or do data delete because if problem persists I will be without any data.  At least now my charts are OK.

Last edited by bkspero (2011-Oct-05 6:35 am)

#6 2011-Oct-05 6:27 am

donaldlaw

Mike, also getting no tfr updates????

Really like the split screen on the 10 inch gtab. Anyway to get the approach plates into the split screen?

I do get the keyboard keep popping up when i tap on an airport and request "more information" and then i have to use the back button to remove the keyboard, the airport info comes up on the split screen. Am I missing a trick here?

Thanks

Don

#7 2011-Oct-05 7:29 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Guys,

There was an issue with the database server last night which was preventing the TFRs from being updated. I've fixed it so everything should be working normally again.

Don - What kind of tablet are you using?

Re: split-screen approach plates, stay tuned! wink

Cheers,
Mike

#8 2011-Oct-05 10:30 am

donaldlaw

Mike, I am on a viewsonic g tablet 10 inch screen rooted with honeycomb 3.3. Can confirm the TFR updates are now working.

Great upgrade Mike, thanks.

Don

Last edited by donaldlaw (2011-Oct-05 10:34 am)

#9 2011-Oct-05 3:17 pm

rotrhead

Very nice,

With the ability to switch inside each side using those arrows, will be able to flop back and forth between different maps with the arrows with future updates?

#10 2011-Oct-09 4:25 am

rotrhead

I just noticed that if I open an approach plate that Naviator is not in my most recently used apps list for quick flipping back and forth until I flip to another previous application. Then, back in Naviator, the Approach plate is not in the  most recently used apps list.

This used to work....

#11 2011-Oct-09 12:46 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hmmm... I'm not sure why that would be any different from previous versions. In any case, approach plates will be directly integrated into the app beginning with the Oct. 20th cycle (meaning, no more PDF viewer to worry about).

Cheers,
Mike

Board footer