Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2018-Feb-27 8:02 am

ShuRugal

Checklists?

I see a few threads suggesting this feature, but no answer.

Any reason we cannot get a checklist tab?  This is the only thing keeping Garmin Pilot installed on my tablet at this point...

#2 2018-Feb-27 8:51 am

aelliott

Re: Checklists?

Perhaps I am missing something here?  I don't see much operational connection between navigation and checklists. 

I just have my checklist pages as a Word document that I view with Google Docs.  It stays open in the background and I simply switch to that app when I need to see it. 2 taps. In fact, I think that is actually better than having them integrated in my navigation app, since Naviator stays active in the mode I need and is always immediately available.  (OK, it takes *2* taps to get back to it.)

Andy

Andy Elliott
Huawei M3, A7, Naviator 3.9.0, echoUAT

#3 2018-Feb-27 9:03 am

ShuRugal

Perhaps I am missing something here?  I thought Naviator was an Electronic Flight Bag app?  I don't see the operational connection between a flight bag and not having a checklist.

#4 2018-Feb-28 11:31 am

cmmguy

ShuRugal wrote:

Perhaps I am missing something here?  I thought Naviator was an Electronic Flight Bag app?  I don't see the operational connection between a flight bag and not having a checklist.

I never saw it as the "one product does all"... One might also want it to be a log book too... I dont.  However... it would be nice to have assignable buttons to launch your favorite other products that do all the specialized stuff.  I generally find the jack-of-all-trades software to do a poor job overall. I would prefer a product be really really good at the main thing it claims to do.

Board footer