Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2018-Feb-23 10:42 am

TFA170

Different tablets = different menu options??

I've got the latest version of Naviator running on two different tablets.  One is a Samsung Galaxy Tab-A 8.0" and the other is a Huawei MediaTab T3 7"

On the Samsung, which I've been using for almost two years, I can have an additional two rows of customizable info across the top of the screen I can pull down and hide.  I can't seem to get that option on the Huawei.  Also, I can't get split screen on the Huawei.  I needed the Huawei for its size - it's the smallest 7" tablet going, pretty much, and I'm using it in the tiny cockpit of a Midget Mustang with almost zero panel space, so I need to figure out how to get either the tabs across the top, or split screen.

On the split screen, the Huawei is only running Android 6.0, so I know that's part of the problem and unless I can upgrade the firmware to 7.0, I'm stuck w/o split screen.  But I could make do with the extra tabs across the top if I could get them to display.  Unfortunately, even the menu is different.  Touching the three dots on the top right of the Samsung reveals a long menu list:

Search / Split Screen / Unlock Screen / Map Preferences / Add Waypoint / Reverse Route / Clear Route / Load Route / Save Route / Export GPX / File and Brief (DUATS) / File and Brief (AFSS) / Import Route >

While on the Huawei, I only have four menu options:

Search / View Route / Unlock Screen / Map Preferences

So, my question is, what's the difference?  Both are running Naviator 3.9.0 - is it the Android version that is causing this? (my hunch)

#2 2018-Feb-23 3:02 pm

cmmguy

Re: Different tablets = different menu options??

I am thinking that Naviator must not like the size of the screen or it thinks it is a phone.  I have a tablet that is 8" and the menus show but on my phone(Note 3) the menus dont show. There is some cutoff in the software where it goes one way or the other. I dont know if that is a bug for your tablet nor if there is a way to trick it.  Email Mike about it.

Last edited by cmmguy (2018-Feb-23 3:03 pm)

#3 2018-Feb-23 5:10 pm

bkspero

I had similar issues that were eliminated once I made the change described at the bottom of this thread. Fine since then.

http://forum.naviatorapp.com/viewtopic.php?id=1433

#4 2018-Feb-23 8:39 pm

TFA170

bkspero wrote:

I had similar issues that were eliminated once I made the change described at the bottom of this thread. Fine since then.

http://forum.naviatorapp.com/viewtopic.php?id=1433

Thanks - that was informational - unfortunately, I cannot find that setting on my tablet.  I think it may be because mine is a T3 instead of an M3?  It's also the smaller 7" instead of the 10.3"...but it gives me someplace to start, maybe.

Board footer