Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2017-Jul-21 8:05 pm

bille

uAvionix Scout supported?

I know from an earlier message that the uAvionix PingBuddy is supported.  Have they messed with the new Scout product so that it works only with ForeFlight or should it work with Naviator also?

Thanks,

Bill

#2 2017-Dec-04 8:09 am

EricMJohnson

Re: uAvionix Scout supported?

Still no answers?
The link on the compatible app list included "http://www.uavionix.com/products/pingbuddy/", which is then redirected to "https://flywithscout.com/".
Would be nice if the Naviator people would update their links, and supported products. My subscription runs out in two weeks, and am looking around for something else if Scout doesn't work with Naviator.

#3 2017-Dec-04 3:22 pm

EricMJohnson

No, Scout apparently does not work with Naviator. I found this on the Scout website:

Is Scout the same as the uAvionix pingBuddy 2?
Scout is derived from the pingBuddy 2 and uses similar hardware, but Scout's tighter integration with ForeFlight enables performance improvements and convenient features like over-the-air firmware updates through ForeFlight Mobile.

What apps does Scout work with?
Scout works exclusively with ForeFlight Mobile version 9.2 and above.

#4 2017-Dec-22 9:09 pm

miguelandava

Hi everyone

I am new on this. I am from Peru, Lima city. I wonder I would have problems by using the navitor android in a callphone or on an Ipad integrating the ads b reciever "pingUSB?
Also If I use the Echo UAT from Uavionix as a transceiver and the naviator android with the pingUSB as a reciever. Will the other see me on any othe app android?
Does anybody do this before? please share their experiences with this.

Hope you people help me.

best regards

Miguel

Board footer