Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2017-Feb-23 12:11 pm

aelliott

Data validity date not updating

I note that the "Data valid until.." date on the menu is not updating properly.  Mine still says "Data valid until Jan 05 2017".  I checked the approach plates and they are in fact current, " ... to 02 MAR 2017".  The sectional I use are in mid-cycle, so I can't check if they are updating.  But I am guessing this is only a nuisance reporting error.

Andy Elliott
Huawei M3, A7, Naviator 3.9.0, echoUAT

#2 2017-Feb-24 7:27 pm

rash

Re: Data validity date not updating

I've noticed this too (for at least a month or two now?), but hadn't posted here about it yet. It seems in many earlier versions of Naviator the date worked correctly, but now perhaps it's showing the "issue" date for the approach charts (28-day cycle "effective" date), rather than the "expiration" date?

#3 2017-Apr-17 12:10 pm

rash

Any updates here? Mine is still indicating "Data valid until Jan 05 2017" on the menu page under my subscription expiration date (of 2018), though the individual charts, etc. all seem to be the latest (current) versions...

#4 2017-Apr-17 12:32 pm

aelliott

Mine also is still showing the January date, even though the data are up-to-date.  Mike??

Andy Elliott

#5 2017-Jun-01 10:26 am

aelliott

OK, just updated to 3.8.7 and updated all my data, and the program still says  "Data valid until Jan 05 2017". 
I know this is not a BIG deal, but I do use Naviator as my charts, and find this to be a pain.  Plus, someday I'm going to be on a training or check ride and the instructor to show that my charts and plates are up-to-date.  Can we please fix this??

Andy Elliott

#6 2017-Oct-18 6:58 am

HotMike

Just noticed this problem showed up for me too.  Data validity date is now 6 days past, but no updates available.

Any ideas?

Mike

#7 2017-Oct-18 7:37 am

aelliott

As of the my data update, the date did *not* change.  The indicator line still says data valid until 12 October, even though the data is up-to-date.  So the problem is still there - not showing when an update is due, and not changing when the update is done.
Andy

Last edited by aelliott (2017-Oct-18 7:50 am)

Andy Elliott

#8 2017-Oct-18 4:39 pm

bkspero

Mine showed when the updates were available in early October for the October 12 update, and the program seemed to have updated the data normally.  But the validity date at the top of the menu column still shows October 12 (which was 6 days ago).  The dates on the Approach Plates that I checked show the proper validity date of November 9th, so that least they seem to reflect the updated data.  Can't tell about the other chart data.

Mike is this just a problem with the menu display, or do we have to worry that at least some of the data we are fly with is past its expiration date?

#9 2017-Oct-20 8:48 am

HotMike

Just this morning, Naviator offered an update available, the "Digital Chart Supplement", and after download the data validity date updated to November.

Looks like it's fixed, for now?

Mike

#10 2017-Oct-20 9:58 am

aelliott

Cool way to do a fix! Works for me also.

Andy Elliott

Board footer