Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Nov-17 8:27 am

Skypuppy

Data Valid Date

I was looking at the Data Valid until date on two of my devices and they both say "Data Valid until Oct 15 2015". Today is Nov 17 2015. I tried to select Download Updates and it comes back with " No Updates Available " Am I missing something?? I have Version 3.5.7 on both devices.

#2 2015-Nov-17 12:44 pm

rash

Re: Data Valid Date

I noticed the exact same behavior. Mine offered to download updates today; after I did, sure enough, if I pull up an individual approach chart, on the side the valid dates are listed as "12 Nov 2015 to 10 Dec 2015". But the pull-down menu in Naviator says "Data valid until Oct 15 2015" (and if I tap "Download Updates", it just says "No updates are available"...)

So, while I believe my charts are up-to-date, the old date in the menu isn't so reassuring...

#3 2015-Nov-17 2:07 pm

rollawade

I have also previously reported this (via the "contact us" form) and have not received any reply.

#4 2015-Nov-17 2:21 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

This usually happens when you have downloaded updates for a set of files, but then at some point later you deselect one or more of the files on the "Select Data" screen (so that you will no longer receive updates for the deselected files).

The problem happens because Naviator still has the files available locally, but now they have expired and have not been replaced with the current charts. Hence the "Data valid until Oct 15 2015" message. You can remedy this by going to the Select Data screen and long-tapping on any files you USED to have selected. After the popup menu appears select the "Uninstall File" option to delete any remaining copies of the file.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Mike

#5 2015-Nov-17 4:47 pm

rollawade

Not that helpful, i have not intentionally deselected any charts.  Is there anyway to find expired charts with file explorer or in the app itself? 

Would toggling usage of TAC charts  off/on be a problem cause?

#6 2015-Nov-18 9:07 am

Skypuppy

Mike, I have to agree. Since a lot of us are in the same situation this needs to be fixed. I have flown across the USA (Seattle to Nashville, TN) and I downloaded a lot of charts for the trip but now I only keep stuff in the Eastern Half of US. I have unchecked a lot of stuff. With your remedy, I will have to go back a year in my mind and start unchecking a lot of charts. Why can't the app delete the files when you unchecked the ones within the app?

On a side note, any chance of getting fuel prices added to the app like Foreflight and having a magenta couse line when using the 3D feature.

Still love the app and I have had two of my friends purchase the app after they saw mine. I have linked your app with my TRIO autopilot and now have the luxury of taking a break during a long flight.

#7 2015-Nov-18 9:17 am

Skypuppy

Mike, Skypuppy again. With your excellent reply I did in fact go in and started deleating stuff I though I might have downloaded. I must have found them all as my app now has a December 2015 expiration date. Still think unchecking a chart should solve the issue.  Thanks again for your excellent product and service.

#8 2015-Nov-23 8:59 pm

rotrhead

Long press Deleted everything not highlighted and still have the Oct 15 the date

Paul

#9 2015-Nov-24 7:45 am

maverick

Long press on what?

JIM

#10 2015-Nov-24 8:04 am

rotrhead

From Mike......

You can remedy this by going to the Select Data screen and long-tapping on any files you USED to have selected. After the popup menu appears select the "Uninstall File" option to delete any remaining copies of the file.

This did not solve my problem

Paul

Last edited by rotrhead (2015-Nov-24 8:04 am)

#11 2015-Dec-10 10:38 am

rotrhead

So I do not see any way to clear this issue except to do a wholesale deletion of all the data in Naviator.....

Any way to correct this issue in the code so that only the checked items date is reported and updated ?

Paul

Last edited by rotrhead (2015-Dec-10 10:40 am)

Board footer