Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Oct-12 12:20 pm

flyzone

Dynon D2 portable AHRS

Here's a nifty AHRS instrument backup display that would be neat to have Naviator compatible with. Perhaps the iLevel is similar but this one looks interesting and is not reliant on the tablet, which I find to be somewhat less dependable for IFR flying than I would like.  It will even snap in to an available instrument hole in your panel. It is all legal and provides a great backup to steam age instruments when flying IFR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylgAfsjNgOQ

#2 2015-Oct-21 4:30 pm

Rortegon

Re: Dynon D2 portable AHRS

I was about to buy that product but at last I decided not to buy it because of the lack of compatibility with Naviator.

#3 2015-Oct-22 5:55 am

flyzone

As I've thought about this more I'm not sure that you need it to be compatible with Naviator. It has it's own screen and its primary use (at least for me) would be for IFR emergencies resulting from vacuum system failure. The iLevil unit with AHRS which is also neat doesn't have it's own screen and therefore would require Naviator for display. That is a nice unit too however, in an emergency the less components required to do something, the better. The Dynon unit even has it's own self-contained battery backup power source.

#4 2015-Oct-23 10:32 am

Rortegon

Yes I know that the device can operate as a stand alone system BUT its a nice feature that you can link your Tablet App in order to have artificial horizon (taking into account that the device costs around 1000 dlls). Actually I own the iLevil AHRS.

Board footer