Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Oct-04 4:33 pm

JohnAJohnson

Synthetic Vision Warning Screen

SV works fine on my tablets but not on my phones.  I recently loaded it on my phone and after selecting 3D, I can't get past the Warning screen.  I can see a great looking (darkened) 3D image with airspeed and altitude tapes off to the side of the white warning screen, and I can scroll the warning text up and down and can read it all ("...verify the accuracy of the data"), but I don't see any "Agree" button or any other means to acknowledge the warning.  Android Back doesn't work.  The Android Menu doesn't work.  None of the keys inside Naviator work (everything is greyed out except the white Warning screen).  Unfortunately, the only way to get the warning screen off is to go Android Home, then to the task manager and shut down Naviator.  This is on two different phones, a Samsung, and my current LG LGL34C, running 4.4.  Also, on Settings, 3D Settings, I have unchecked everything, and tried High Detail Water and Anti-Aliasing, no help.

#2 2015-Oct-04 6:53 pm

rollawade

Re: Synthetic Vision Warning Screen

I see about the same problem with my droid razr m; but in my case I see just a very small top sliver of the "agree" button and I can press on it and get it to continue.

I would think it is something that Mike can correct by making the splash screen smaller or scaled to the current screen size.

#3 2015-Oct-10 4:27 pm

JohnAJohnson

Thanks Rolla, I checked my Samsung and while not visible, touching on the extreme lower right produces an "Agree".  The LG is still a no go however.

Mike, I know it's been requested before, but can't we just "agree" once, the first time the software is run after installation?  Once airborne, the cockpit is not the place to have to read and acknowledge legalese.  Perhaps adding the Synthetic warning inside the main warning would suffice.  As it is now, having to acknowledge every time 3D is selected is a CYA overkill.

#4 2015-Oct-15 1:24 pm

JohnAJohnson

Re: 3.5.6
Thank you Mike!

Board footer