Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.0 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Sep-05 10:33 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 3.5

Naviator version 3.5 has been released to the Play Store. Edit: A newer version is now available here.

Version 3.5:

• Added runways to the Synthetic Vision

• Added one nautical mile grid lines to the Synthetic Vision

• Added configuration options for the Synthetic Vision to improve functionality on a wider variety of devices

• Integration with the new iLevil autopilot interface

• Added a "NO GPS" warning to the geo-referenced approach plates

• Improved logic for activating the next waypoint in a route

• Added an ADS-B traffic filter. When enabled, distant traffic is hidden from the map screen (distant traffic = further than 15nm or greater than 3,500ft difference in altitude)

3.5.0_1.jpg
3.5.0_2.jpg

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2015-Sep-10 8:13 am

dbarrington1

Re: Naviator 3.5

Wow No replies to one of the best releases...  Runways added to Synthetic vision and the Grids are great... I just ordered some mounts so I can have this set up all the time in my cockpit.  I will add here that there are some bugs with the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 8 inch and the synthetic vision.  I am really hopping this can be fixed and is not a limitation of the tablet.  Great work Mike!

#3 2015-Sep-10 8:54 am

flyzone

Re: Naviator 3.5

Different strokes for different folks. This release didn't do much for me but I'm glad you like it. I am more focused on rock solid reliability and Naviator is much better now than in the past in this regard. I also like the ADS-B features and glad to see the GPS warning on the approach plates. Perhaps the waypoint improvements are a help but I've not had too many issues there (except for rerouting).

I think Mike mentioned that constant monitoring of the ADS-B connection would be included in the next release but he didn't mention it in the list here. That's been a big problem for me as it pertains to the GPS signal between the tablet and my DUAL XGPS170 and I'm hoping that's been solved.

Last edited by flyzone (2015-Sep-10 2:46 pm)

Board footer