Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Sep-03 9:25 am

rotrhead

ADS-B Display

New to the ADS-B part of the software. Built the DIY ADS-B receiver and really like it.

What's the possibility of changing the icon for the traffic so that it indicates the direction of flight ?

Other software uses arrows or triangles.

Thanks
Paul

#2 2015-Sep-03 9:34 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: ADS-B Display

Naviator uses velocity bars to indicate the traffic targets' direction and speed of flight. The end of the bar is the estimated position of the target one minute in the future.

Cheers,
Mike

#3 2015-Sep-03 12:02 pm

rotrhead

Ok, I'll take another look while flying to Texas this afternoon.
I have seen some of the targets with no velocity bars while on the ground.

Thanks
Paul

#4 2015-Sep-07 10:49 am

rotrhead

The DIY ADS-B receiver is great. Only complaint is the display of my own shadow. The ADS-B System shows my aircraft on the map and then Bitchin Betty starts in my ear.  Then I am doing combat maneuvers to shake the guy on my tail. Bitchin Betty is yelling so much so that it gets tuned out.

Would be great if we could click on the traffic (Our Shadow) to specify that the verbal Alert can be ignored for this traffic specifically)

Love this software !
Paul

#5 2015-Sep-23 9:29 am

rollawade

Users of adsb In(without adsb Out) will want to note that problems with ghost ship traffic alerts can sometimes be due to ATC casually abbreviating your call sign.  It won't match the tis-b info being rebroadcast.  I had to ask ATC to correct their radar data to prevent false alerts.

Also Lifeline or Compassion flights might use a specialized call prefix. (Mike, might a list of ghost ship call signs be maintained by the user?)

#6 2015-Sep-24 5:53 am

rotrhead

By the way, your tail # only shows if you are in the system.
Flying around VFR there is currently no way to remove a ghost of yourself that is being broadcast by ATC.

But, Mike has said that the ability to click on the ghost to remove it is coming in a future release.

Paul

#7 2015-Dec-08 7:46 am

normancanderson

Will Naviator support the Bad Elf ADS-B when it is released? It is my understanding that it uses the same data structure as the DIY ADS-B.

#8 2015-Dec-08 8:18 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Yes, we will be supporting that ADS-B receiver.

Cheers,
Mike

#9 2016-Feb-05 10:46 am

cmmguy

I believe you can enter your MODE S code on the Stratux settings page and that should let it ignore you.

Board footer