Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Aug-01 3:53 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 3.4.2

Naviator version 3.4.2 has been released to the Play Store. Edit: A newer version is now available here.

Version 3.4.2:

• Fixed a black screen that would occur on some devices after exiting from the 3D synthetic vision

Version 3.4.1:

• Added up to 8 additional fully customizable data fields to the main app screen. The extra data fields are located at the top of the screen in portrait mode or on the left side of the screen in landscape mode.
    You can toggle between displaying either 8, 4 or no data fields. Note: this feature is only available on tablets

• Added airport labels to the 3D synthetic vision. You can tap on the labels to view the airport details.

• Increased font size on the HSI screen

• Various bug fixes

This animated GIF gives an overview of the new features:
Naviator3.4.0.gif

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by Mike (2015-Aug-07 1:11 pm)

#2 2015-Aug-02 3:51 pm

aelliott

Re: Naviator 3.4.2

I like this a lot!  Of course, I still (!) would like to be able to use the excellent gyros and accelerometers in my Nexus 7v2 to get attitude, like I can from the $5 app Flight Instruments.  Then the 3D feature would be useful!

Andy Elliott
Huawei M3, A7, Naviator 3.9.0, echoUAT

#3 2015-Aug-02 5:36 pm

tooltime

When I go to the play store, I see 3.3.1

#4 2015-Aug-03 10:18 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi tooltime. Are you sure it doesn't say 3.4.1?

Cheers,
Mike

#5 2015-Aug-03 10:48 am

slodders

Great new features to an already feature rich App. A couple quick questions:
1- What is "GPS Accuracy" measuring? I see the units of measure is "m", but what is being compared to what to report on the accuracy (of what)?
2- On a Google Nexus 7 (v2), is there a way to increase the sensitivity for screen taps? On the 3D screen, I really need to nail, rather than tap, the label for airport details...and even that is spotty. I see this elsewhere, for example, when trying to change the size of the split screens. Is there tap sensitivity adjustment I can make either in Naviator or on the tablet itself to fix this...or is my faithful Nexus 7 showing its age?

Thanks

#6 2015-Aug-03 11:40 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

slodders wrote:

1- What is "GPS Accuracy" measuring? I see the units of measure is "m", but what is being compared to what to report on the accuracy (of what)?

This depends on whether your GPS source is the internal receiver or if you are using an external receiver (either Bluetooth GPS or ADS-B). If you're using an external receiver, Naviator simply passes through whatever accuracy is reported by the external receiver.

If you are using the internal GPS receiver, we use the accuracy value reported by the Android OS. They define the accuracy value as follows:

Android OS wrote:

We define accuracy as the radius of 68% confidence. In other words, if you draw a circle centered at this location's latitude and longitude, and with a radius equal to the accuracy, then there is a 68% probability that the true location is inside the circle.

slodders wrote:

2- On a Google Nexus 7 (v2), is there a way to increase the sensitivity for screen taps? On the 3D screen, I really need to nail, rather than tap, the label for airport details...and even that is spotty. I see this elsewhere, for example, when trying to change the size of the split screens. Is there tap sensitivity adjustment I can make either in Naviator or on the tablet itself to fix this...or is my faithful Nexus 7 showing its age?

I think this is more likely caused by hit detection boxes that are a touch (pun intended wink) too small. I'll see what can be done to remedy this in a future update to the app.

Cheers,
Mike

#7 2015-Aug-03 1:15 pm

tooltime

I got 3.4.1, great, but I got into a split screen and next to select chart at the top  the full screen deal is gone, how do I get back to a full sect. screen

Tim

#8 2015-Aug-05 2:41 pm

Chris B

Great job Mike! I like the new features and it is easy to set up and manipulate. Very handy, and I fly with a G1000. This way I don't have to dive into sub-menus to answer basic questions like "when will we arrive." big_smile

FYI, the only (relatively minor) thing that was not intuitive - for me - was understanding that the four-field display was completely separate from the eight-field display. I expected that the four-field version would be a subset of the eight-field.

#9 2015-Aug-06 9:34 pm

bille

I expected the same as Chris B., set up most desired values in set of four and add less desired in the rest of the eight. Collapse or expand as needed but your most desired info is there if the "panel" is pulled out at all.  Not a big deal but just different than expected.

As always, thanks for a great app!

Bill

#10 2015-Aug-07 2:15 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

The idea was to allow a different set of data fields for the 4 vs 8 mode. For example, in the 8 mode I have track and bearing stacked vertically so that I can make quick comparisons. In the 4 mode I instead have them next to each other horizontally. In my opinion, I think the additionally flexibility is worth the initial learning curve.

Cheers,
Mike

#11 2015-Aug-08 6:19 am

flyzone

Each of us want to see different thing like I can see 4 items on my panel GPS and get many others from Naviator. The flexibility is indeed better.

Board footer