Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Jun-08 5:42 am

maverick

Chart downloads

Mike,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab2  7.0 tablet with a 16G SD card. I am running 3.2.2 Ever since I renewed my subscription I have had this problem. I will download all sectionals and Lo IFR and Term procedures. The download takes a while, 1.5 hr. This is over Wifi. I can then reactivate Naviator without turning off the tablet, and the charts are there. As long as I do not turn off tablet the charts are there.

I used a file manager and this is where the charts are, (This PC\GT-P3113\Card\Android\data\com.onetwentythree.skynav2\files\charts).

I can plan a flight and view all charts. If I turn off or restart my tablet the downloads disappear and I have to download them again. Then the charts disappear again upon shutdown and restart, either immediately or days later. When I reboot or turn off the tablet the charts do not show up in Naviator but the file manager still shows them on the card. The wording of the file on the cards is in this format; AREA DEN 2015-Apr-30 Chart2     Chart File      8.66mb.

What I get is a screen that has a number of choices, VFR, IFR lo, ifr hi aerial map and base map or terrain map.  TCA charts are checked. If I select any of these except base, aerial or terrain no charts appear.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Maverick

#2 2015-Jun-11 7:17 am

maverick

Re: Chart downloads

Waited for help, never came so I tried somethings myself. I had to remove the app from device and reinstall new version,(3.3.3 not indicated in forum). Reloaded charts and they work.

Maverick

#3 2015-Jun-11 11:58 am

jimgfitzgerald

Current version is 3.3.2 AFAIK.

#4 2015-Jun-11 8:12 pm

maverick

That is what I meant in my original post. Old, fat, fingers. Spell checker didn't read my mind.

Board footer