Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Apr-24 9:26 am

walrii

Stitched Low Enroute Charts

First, thanks to Mike and the Naviator team for getting stitched charts in the app. 

When I select IFR Low charts, I get a nice seamless chart of all the low charts but along the Gulf coast, the chart displayed is L-21 which is designed for off-shore navigation and lacks details like airways in the on-shore areas.  I would much prefer the normal low charts to display in the seamless charts and have L-21 available for selection if needed rather than the other way round.  As it is now, if I'm flying airways along the coast (yes, some of us still do that), I have to select L-19/L-20/whatever to see the airways and that selection takes me off the seamless chart.

On a related question, are the Low altitude Area charts "connected" in Naviator like they are on paper?  On paper, A-2 contains seven area charts.  If I select Dallas and Kansas City for download, do I get the other five or just the two I selected?

John McMurray
Burkburnett, TX
ATP, CFII, USAF Simulator Instructor

#2 2015-Apr-24 9:30 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: Stitched Low Enroute Charts

Please update to version 3.3.2. The issue with the L21 chart has been fixed in this version.

The area charts are available for download individually within the 'Select Data' menu, and they will automatically be shown on the IFR LO seamless chart if they've been downloaded.

Cheers,
Mike

#3 2015-Apr-24 9:44 am

walrii

Re: Stitched Low Enroute Charts

Cross-post with Mike:  Just after I posted the above comment, Ver 3.3.2 downloaded and fixed the L-21 issue.  Now THAT'S what I call customer service!

Last edited by walrii (2015-Apr-24 9:45 am)

John McMurray
Burkburnett, TX
ATP, CFII, USAF Simulator Instructor

Board footer