Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2015-Apr-23 5:29 am

walrii

Removing Charts and Data

I initially had most of the CONUS data loaded but ran out of memory so I reduced the states I downloaded.  If I simply un-check the files/states I no longer need on the "Select Data" list, must I still go back and delete the old files to free up that memory or will Naviator delete the files on the next update?

On a related note: is there a way for Naviator to use both the internal memory and the SD to store data?  Between internal memory and the SD card, I have enough room to store all the CONUS data but neither one by itself is large enough.

All this may be moot in a month or so.  I'm eligible for an upgrade and will get as much memory as possible in the new phone.  The new phone will run out of memory in a year or so if history is any indication!

John McMurray
Burkburnett, TX
ATP, CFII, USAF Simulator Instructor

#2 2015-Apr-23 5:06 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Re: Removing Charts and Data

You can uninstall the files by long-tapping on the file on the "Select Data" screen and then selecting the "Uninstall File" option. Simply unchecking the chart or database will not delete the actual file from your device.

Unfortunately there is currently no way to split the storage between internal and external memory.

Cheers,
Mike

#3 2015-Jun-11 12:04 pm

jimgfitzgerald

With VFR stitched charts, is there any reason to download Sectional charts.  Aren't they the same?  Also, with IFR low, is there any reason to download IFR Enroute charts?  Aren't they the same?  I'm a little confused as you can tell.

Last edited by jimgfitzgerald (2015-Jun-11 12:08 pm)

#4 2015-Jun-11 1:12 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

You still need to download the individual charts so that they will be available while you are offline. If you do not download the charts Naviator will load the charts from our server instead, which requires an internet connection.

Cheers,
Mike

#5 2015-Jun-11 1:38 pm

jimgfitzgerald

How would a person know this?

#6 2015-Jun-12 5:25 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

This will be made more obvious in the next release.

Cheers,
Mike

#7 2015-Jun-12 5:30 pm

jimgfitzgerald

Thanks.  I would hate to think someone could think they had all they need until in flight find out they don't.  Thanks Mike.

#8 2015-Jun-26 1:52 pm

airprakken

You can force it to use ONLY the downloaded files all the time.  That way at home on WiFi it works just like in the air and you can't forget to have the right stuff in the air.

Settings -> Map Preferences -> Uncheck "Use online charts" at the top

Board footer