Naviator Forums

The Navigation Solution for Android Aviators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Become a fan of Naviator!
For urgent issues please use our Contact Form.
Naviator version 3.9.1 is now available. Click here for details.
New: We are pleased to offer complementary annual subscriptions to pilots who hold a valid CFI certificate issued by the FAA. Click here for details.

#1 2011-Aug-05 9:41 am

Mike
Administrator
Website

Naviator 1.1.3 Release Candidate 2

Naviator 1.1.3 RC2 is now available for download. Edit: A newer version is now available here

WARNING: This is a pre-release version of Naviator and as such may contain bugs which affect the reliability of the application. Install at your own risk.

New features in this version:

• Bug fixes

• Total overhaul of the download and file management system. The app will automatically notify you of updates, and you can now update all of your files with only two taps.

• Files are downloaded using a background service so now you can use other apps while an update is in progress.

• When you move off the edge of a chart, the adjacent chart from the same "layer" (ex. VFR sectionals/TACs, IFR Enroute, etc.) will automatically load if it has been downloaded.

• Added airport and navaid names to their respective "Quick Info" screens.

• Added a "Set as Default Location" option to the Airport Details screen. This can be useful if your tablet doesn't have a GPS and you are using Naviator as an electronic chart reader.

• Added a "Master Data Reset" button to the Preferences screen. This will wipe all Naviator data from the SD card.

This is a significant update, and many internal components of the app have changed since the last release. I appreciate any feedback and suggestions, and if you find any bugs please let me know!

Cheers,
Mike

#2 2011-Aug-13 8:42 am

Challenged

Re: Naviator 1.1.3 Release Candidate 2

I get the message "File or directory not found" when I click on the link above. I did install RC1 recently, and I must say it's a great improvement to useability so far.

#3 2011-Aug-13 3:13 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the heads up. I've fixed the link.

Cheers,
Mike

#4 2011-Aug-20 7:57 pm

bill@coltharp.com

How can I determine the version of Naviator installed on my Thrive?

#5 2011-Aug-20 9:01 pm

Mike
Administrator
Website

Hi Bill,

You can check the version of Naviator by tapping "Preferences" from the main menu.

Cheers,
Mike

Board footer